Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Friday the 13th

Author Topic: Friday the 13th
Andy Nordberg
Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2009 01:21 AM      Profile for Andy Nordberg   Email Andy Nordberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I don't have much experience with the series, I rather enjoyed the most recent entry. By no means is it great, but it isn't terrible either. It is at least worth a watch for fans of horror movies.

|  IP: Logged

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2009 07:23 AM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, first time sitting through a full Friday the 13th flick (this one is apparently a mixed version of 2 & 3 with the intro summing up the conclusion to the original). Not bad, but after hearing about the original Jasons and how its stories have progressed in 20 years was more interesting than the movie.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-14-2009 01:43 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, memories of the month of June in 1980 when the first one came out: We played it for 5 weeks and was glad it left. Saw enough of Jason and didn't expect it to turn into a soap opera.

Moving up 29yrs: hasn't changed a bit - a new rehash of this soap opera.

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2009 04:22 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love the original series.

Love this remake. It's different enough while still being respectful of the originals.

Not something you'll walk out of saying "this is the best movie ever" but still enjoyable and a nice entry in the niche market that is horror.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-15-2009 04:20 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to see this sometime next week at Honolulu's Dole Canner 18 on their new IMAX screen but only if it is not a gore feast like BY BLODDY VALENTINE in 3-D was. I enjoyed the original and many of the sequel very much and I hope they did not update the remake by showing excessive gore. Did they?

-Claude

Rick Boyte
Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2009 01:20 PM      Profile for Rick Boyte   Email Rick Boyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie keeps your interest and has some good scares in it. Plus it's doing well for us, which is the important part.

3 out of 5 rating. [Big Grin]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-18-2009 02:41 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will repeat my question. Does it have a lot of gore? Why is it difficult to answer such a simple question? [Confused]

-Claude

Rick Boyte
Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Rick Boyte   Email Rick Boyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion, it was not any more gory then any other Friday the 13rh. More nudity not gore.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-18-2009 05:18 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good [Smile]

Thank you!

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: