Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » High School Musical III (2008) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: High School Musical III (2008)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-24-2008 05:46 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy, this movie is going to do hella business. Why? Because its got Zac Efron singing and dancing in a teeny-bopper musical, that's why.

Is it me or was Vanessa Hudgens actually NOT in this movie and instead was being played by someone wearing a Vanessa Hudgens mask shaped with that silly "oh look at how cute and blushy I am" grin she does? Wow that girl cannot act.

-

Then again, all of the performances were pretty bad (as expected) and the movie was overall silly-dumb (as expected), and the movie is very lame (as expected), so who cares?

1.5 out of 5 (This had to be better than Saw 5, or whatever number they are on. It just HAD to be!)

Search bait: High School Musical 3 Senior Year

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 10-24-2008 07:36 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
Zac Efron
Who? [Confused]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-24-2008 10:06 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The guy from Hairspray (which he was actually decent in).

That picture of Vanessa looks to be many years old. She looks 12 in that picture. Also, I never even knew there was a High School Musical 1 and 2. Where they DVD-only releases or something? At least this is their senior year, hopefully they won't flunk and have to repeat it. Musicals are illegal at most colleges.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2008 10:09 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As of 10pm PDT last nite we'd already almost sold out our first show for today. (Fri) I have feeling this is going to be a "one weekend wonder", at least in my neighborhood. We'll do "Boffo Biz" (as VARIETY would say) and after that business will probably drop like a rock here, based on past experience with this type of movie at this location.

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2008 11:01 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
Also, I never even knew there was a High School Musical 1 and 2. Where they DVD-only releases or something?
You got it! They were both Disney Channel type movies. The first one was a HUGE seller on DVD, and the CD soundtrack went nuts, too. I didn't track the second one as closely, but the first movie was an absolute phenomenon.

For the third time around, I guess Disney thought they'd go for a theatrical release.

Blu Ray releases of the first two are coming soon. Be sure and pick them up on Blu Ray. You know you want to. [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-24-2008 11:52 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
That picture of Vanessa looks to be many years old.
She still looks the same, including that grin.

Stephen, this is Zac Efron.
 -

Zac must've knocked Vanessa up. Vanessa had some obvious belly action going during half of this movie.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 10-24-2008 02:16 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No wonder he's still with her! It all makes sense now...

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-25-2008 05:20 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Grand-Poopie-BAH you could have posted a much better pic of Zac Efron... like one of these:

-

-

-

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-25-2008 07:46 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is he having a heart attack in those first two pics? His hairdo makes me think that he enjoys cutting himself (re: he's emo).

Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2008 11:36 AM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, there is a little photoshopping going on his eyes in the first photo.

Movie dumb, yes, lame, yes H-O-W-E-V-E-R, its making us lots of money. just like the good old days. i have a feeling though, it will have shot its load this weekend.

louis

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-26-2008 02:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, the awesomeness of Disney never stops.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-26-2008 10:02 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JUst to add to Brad's "Awsomness" factor tthe high school these POS movies are filmed at is just a couple of miles from our shop. Even the kids that are attending the High School there are sick and tired of this... to the point that several of them have written editorials to the Salt Lake papers about how it disrupts normal goings on in the school.
What an absolute waste of film... er I mean hard drives!

Mark

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2008 10:08 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to IMDB this was shot on 35mm so it is a waste of film!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-26-2008 10:53 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pleasing the people it's aimed at, so it's a success. It wasn't aimed at projection booth dudes (and dudettes) like all of us. As noted above, a one-weekend film, but I'd rather be playing this than that SAW 5 thing.

I won't be watching it (my wife said it was OK but I probably wouldn't like it and she didn't want to watch it again) so my rating is based on hearing the music thru the office door:

3 out of 5*

*Rating subject to change as I get sick of the songs.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2008 02:29 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Zac is just partial to his left breast...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: