Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The House Bunny (2008)

Author Topic: The House Bunny (2008)
Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2008 11:37 AM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could watch Anna Faris all day and never get bored. That being said, I think House Bunny would not have lost anything if the whole movie was muted.

|  IP: Logged

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2008 05:51 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film had its moments. Anna Faris was a riot. The movie and script are sooooo dumb that it's very entertaining. I was pleasantly amused. Sure it has been done before, but Anna is best at playing the stupid dumbass bimbo! Her facial expressions are all it takes. Not the best movie, but you will get your monies worth if you pay to see it. [Wink]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 08-30-2008 10:37 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought there were parts of this movie that were actually a lot funnier than they should have been, so I have to give that credit to the actress and her delivery. Something that added to the fun of this movie for me was that the main character reminded me of someone in my family. Not her intelligence (or lack of), but just her being such a flibbertigibbet.

So I thought that while this movie was completely predictable, it was still fun to watch.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-20-2008 12:56 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We saw it at the "all digital" (according to the ad) Pleasure Island 24 complex at Disney World. But, it was presented on film -- WTF? There were scratches and stuff on the AMC clips, and we witnessed the shrinking screen for the feature film due to common width screen, but the presentation was fine otherwise.

I thought it was hilarious, if a bit silly, but still a riot. Anna Faris, as noted, makes the movie.

I do get impatient with movies that miraculously turn total nerds into awesomely hot people seemingly overnight -- like that would ever happen in real life -- and movies like this always include one huge party scene in which said party would have cost at least $75,000 to put on, with live bands, special effects, decorations and all. Still even with those defects, this was an enjoyable time, and Anna Faris was indeed very enjoyable to look at!

Overall, 3.75 stars. My wife liked it as well.

==============

Add-on: We are now playing this movie.

Some parts of it are annoying upon repeat viewing. (We can see the screen from our office so the movie is always "there" in the background.) The scene in the middle where the 'bad' girls trick the nerd girls into doing karaoke, and then "change the lyrics" on the karaoke equipment is completely stupid. I don't mind implausible scenes, like the $75,000 party mentioned above; but impossible things like the changing karaoke lyrics are annoying.

[ 09-30-2008, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: