Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Star Wars - The Clone Wars (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Star Wars - The Clone Wars
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-15-2008 12:30 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To quote that annoying chick in the Mamma Mia trailer...

OH...MY...GOD...!!!

[sleep]

The final nail (wait...we're talking George here) in the once wonderful series' coffin. Words cannot describe how truly awful this film is so I'm not even going to try.

|  IP: Logged

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2008 10:07 AM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to what I was told from an early screening, this seems to play well with 10 year old boys. Several in that age group really liked it.

Jonathon Miller
Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2008 12:48 PM      Profile for Jonathon Miller   Email Jonathon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If that's true, I weep for the future.

I introduced a fellow workmate to Ziro the Hutt today. Seriously, that character of questionably sexuality/gender with his limp southern accent and unpronounced "r"s makes me want to take a hammer to every piece of star wars merchandise i own. and considering i've got a hell of a vintage kenner collection, that's a lot.

The past three movies were just boring. This one is truly atrocious. I wasn't expecting Pixar, but I wasn't prepared for Ziro the Hutt, Anakin's mall-punk Padawan, and the innumerable bits of garbage that this film contained.

And yes, Samuel L Jackson and Christopher Lee have finally pissed on the once great careers they both had. And heck, Sam Jackson was in Snakes on a Plane, yet he just keeps sinking.

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2008 12:52 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the only redeeming features of this film, is that it is relatively short. I feel sorry for the projectors, as I'm sure they are they only ones that stay to watch the whole thing.

Stu Jamieson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2008 03:13 AM      Profile for Stu Jamieson   Email Stu Jamieson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jonathon Miller
I introduced a fellow workmate to Ziro the Hutt today. Seriously, that character of questionably sexuality/gender with his limp southern accent and unpronounced "r"s makes me want to take a hammer to every piece of star wars merchandise i own.
Am I the only one who thinks he/she/whatever sounds like Eric Cartman?

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2008 03:51 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as how this thread is inhabited almost entirely by Australians, are you guys familiar with a TV show called LOVE MY WAY? Apparently, Lucas has tapped the show's writing staff to script his live-action Star Wars series. Is LOVE MY WAY worth checking out?

Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2008 11:37 AM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"One of the only redeeming features of this film, is that it is relatively short. I feel sorry for the projectors, as I'm sure they are they only ones that stay to watch the whole thing."

Amen Brother [Smile]

Louis

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-17-2008 08:37 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

I've never heard of that show but according to IMDB it came out in 2004.

I guess it has some people he met when he was here doing Episode 3?

Frankly, after this abomination, I couldn't care less...he could get Mark Twain to script it (digitally resurrected of course) and I'd still not bother with it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-17-2008 11:10 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Boxofficeguru.com
estimated $15.5M from 3,452 theaters for a moderate $4,492 average
If it's that sucky, I'm glad they didn't bother to promote it much.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-18-2008 02:11 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's almost as if they knew. [Wink]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2008 11:14 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my 9 year old really wanted to see this film. I was hoping to find it playing somewhere in Digital 3-D, but I couldn't seem to locate a location playing it in that format. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

Anyways, after reading all the negative comments here - I went into yesterday expecting the worst.

It should have been a direct to DVD release - or released on the Cartoon Network or something. It wasn't that great. My 9 year old loved it, but my other two kids feel asleep. I was not impressed - but it kept my interest.

1 out of 3 stars for this one.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 08-18-2008 12:53 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dennis Benjamin
I was hoping to find it playing somewhere in Digital 3-D, but I couldn't seem to locate a location playing it in that format.
Tends to happen with 2D movies. [Razz]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2008 04:13 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw an ad somewhere (I thought) saying that the film would be in 3-D Format. Like I said in my post - it was wishful thinking. It would have made the film more worth it.

[Roll Eyes]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-18-2008 08:31 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm officially an oldster. My 13 yr. old son had to explain most of who was who, and what was going on in this show, for me.

I had a good time, however, watching this at the drive-in.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-19-2008 08:33 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Entertainment Weekly gives this movie an "F" review...ouch! Can you say 'fast track to video?'

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: