Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Love Guru

Author Topic: The Love Guru
Michael Dolan
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2008 07:12 PM      Profile for Michael Dolan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Dolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a Mike Myers fan at all. I can't remember a movie he was in that I actually liked! However I don't know why and I'm sure most of you won't but I actually got a kick out of this movie.

I thought his acting was alittle off trying to be indian and all but the all around movie kept me entertained and laughing every now and then.

Ohh yeah and I almost forgot it revolved alot around HOCKEY!!!
maybe thats another reason why I liked it.

3.5/5

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 06-23-2008 11:07 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I ran this a few days ago. It's not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's just not very good. I guess if you really like Mike Myers, bathroom humor, penis jokes, making fun of Indian people, etc. you will find it OK. Many of the jokes are recycled from previous Mike Myers films. None of the other actors seem to have taken their roles seriously, but they really don't have a lot to work with and MM gets most of the screen time. I expect it to go, er, limp after the first weekend as word gets around.

I rate this a 6/6, meaning you will have to drink all of the beers in your six-pack to put you in the right mode to watch this.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2008 12:37 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin Powers/Waynes World rehashed for the umpteenth time. It is a pretty bad movie, but I have to admit there are some scenes that are pretty funny.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-24-2008 02:15 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a "project picture" (submit your marketing ideas and win big prizes!) for I.M.E. That's a sure sign of a crappy movie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: