Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » You don't mess with the Zohan (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: You don't mess with the Zohan
Michael Dolan
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Michael Dolan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Dolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We screened this movie on Thursday night and I'm not sure if it was because I was just very tired from working or the fact that one of my managers thought it would be cool to bring his dog to the screening but either way I did not think it was as good as the trailers led it to be.

It was funny in alot of parts but then again there were alot of parts that were just plain dumb.

Alot of very nice girls but then again a couple of shots of the sand mans butt that I did not care much for.

I give it overall a 2.5 out of 5

It was very funny but in the same return very stupid to so I'll meet it halfway.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2008 10:42 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wide awake and no dogs were present at my screening, but I still thought the movie sucked. Maybe it was just bad.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-08-2008 10:46 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unlikely, as this is an Adam Sandler movie. Perhaps you were under hypnosis or something similar.

Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2008 04:41 PM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it sucked, and I dont think Sandler is a bit funny, never did like him. I have to screen new films and I have to sit through [bs] like this [Frown]

Louis

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2008 07:40 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enough, Louis. Tell us how you really feel! [Big Grin]

Sucks.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2008 07:17 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with Adam Sandler...he just keeps making one piece of shit after another. This movie had a few moments where I laughed but over all I wanted to shoot myself in the head when it was over.

.5/5 [thumbsup]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-10-2008 07:52 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the guards forced the prisoners at Abugrad to watch this abortion, they would be brought up on charges of toture; clearly it would violate every rule of the Geneva Convention on inhuman cruelty.

No doubt about it....it's THE top contender for the 10 worst movies of 2008; even with half the year still to go, I will bet NOTHING will come even close to supassing it for suckyness. Rated GS -- Sucks for All Audiences.

Did you know that after a film's run, they are recycling the release print material into construction plastics like insulation and the panels for toilet stalls? How appropriate to think this film will actually wind up in the CRAPPER. [uhoh]

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2008 10:58 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For an Adam Sandler movie, it really seems like it just came out of nowhere, no buzz, no hype. Its usually a bad sign.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2008 01:30 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought "Waterboy" was a great Adam Sandler movie, and I've been disappointed with just about every one of his movies since then.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-13-2008 06:59 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only really enjoyed one Adam Sandler movie - The Wedding Singer - and that was probably because Drew Barrymore was in it. Does he talk like a normal person in this one or does he use that screwy baby-talk thing he does?

Sandler holds the record at my theatre for having the lowest-grossing movie we opened on the break (Mr. Deeds).

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 06-13-2008 09:13 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No there's none of the "baby talk" bit but you can't really say he speaks normal either... he's trying to be someone from Israel.

And I'd say from seeing most of the movie that it's ridiculous but still funny. But I also have an odd sense of humor.

Like the OP, 2.5 out of 5.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-19-2008 10:27 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been able to understand how Adam Sandler could get the time of day, much less land a spot on SNL (apparently, considerably less difficult than it used to be) and star in movies!

What an un-talented conundrum.

And, OMG, I CAN'T STAND that insipid baby talk thing he does! I could wring his neck.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2008 08:42 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do realize he was on SNL in the early 90's with arguably one of the greatest casts, (not saying the 70's and 80's casts wern't great) and had some of the most recognized characters ever right? Now I don't really care for his movies but he is great with stand up and characters.

Greg Haas
Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2008 11:11 PM      Profile for Greg Haas   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Haas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've never been able to understand how Adam Sandler could get the time of day, much less land a spot on SNL (apparently, considerably less difficult than it used to be) and star in movies!
Sandler produces a lot of his movies. If that means anything.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-20-2008 11:50 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought "The Wedding Singer" was pretty good. But it had Drew Barrymore in it, and she was awful cute, so that might have saved it. This thing here just looks too stupid for words.

The poster is eye-catching, I'll give it that.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: