Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Iron Man (2008) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Iron Man (2008)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2008 07:59 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to give anything away and I'm not going to give my review until it gets a little closer to release. All I will say is look out when this opens, were all going to be busy. This is going to bring them in in droves.

5 out of 5 [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2008 09:45 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "5 out of 5" is a good clue as to how U liked it.
Great. I hope it lives up to your review and the usual Hollywood hype.

I'm supposed to be getting an advance print for a private screening later this month. The sound techs will be in to fine tune the system beforehand and they're even closing down the auditorium next door the night of the party so that I can really pump-up the volume.
(At the request of the people I'm working for)

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2008 12:21 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For sure Jim, play it LOUD!!! The mix is great on this one.

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2008 02:35 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For these advanced screenings, I expect they are all in SRD, but do any of them ever have the DTS tracks available?

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2008 04:53 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our print did not have a DTS track on it; but the print of Baby Mamma I had on Monday did, but it didn't have any credits. Just black film.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-09-2008 04:55 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gonna be busy because of the trailer that's on this, or because it's Iron Man and a quality movie?

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2008 07:37 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a quality addition to the comic book genera, I would say its in the top 3 thats been made in the modern era. Also for the trailer that will be on it as well, people will come for the trailer and stay for a great film.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2008 01:40 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What trailer is supposed to be on this? New Indiana Jones? If so, what's the big deal to see the trailer since it opens like 3 weeks later?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-10-2008 02:59 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just found out they are looking for 3-week dates on this one. That lets us out, unless it's Star-Wars big. I'm not feeling it, but maybe I'm wrong?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-10-2008 06:00 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the run down of wide releases for May

May 2, 2008
Iron Man - Paramount
Redbelt - Sony Pictures Classics

May 9, 2008
Speed Racer - Warner Bros./Village Roadshow/Silver Picture

May 16, 2008
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Walt Disney
The Midnight Meat Train - Lionsgate

May 22, 2008
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Paramount/Lucasfilm

May 30, 2008
Sex and the City - New Line Cinema

Iron Man looks like it could make decent money for three weeks -provided if the movie is truly good. The two trailers I've seen make the show seem promising. But if you're running a single screen theater and have to keep it for 3 weeks you're obviously going to miss Speed Racer and the Narnia sequel.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 04-10-2008 07:21 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like 21, IRON MAN has the benefit of being released in a virtual vacuum. It will be but a memory by June 1. Let's hope it's more a ROBOCOP than a ROBOCOP II.

This thread purportedly "reviewing" IRON MAN certainly doesn't review it very much but I imagine it does create some word-of-mouth. That's the job of marketing.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-10-2008 08:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bobby Henderson
But if you're running a single screen theater and have to keep it for 3 weeks you're obviously going to miss Speed Racer and the Narnia sequel.
We're going to miss Narnia either way, because it's too close to Indiana Jones (which takes priority). We might play Speed Racer if they will agree to a 13-day deal. We'll play Narnia right after Indy.

Jim: I think there'll be more reviews here when the movie is actually out! [Big Grin]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-11-2008 12:08 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw Robert in the trailer... it just turned me off. Never really been a Downey fan ever since I saw that Heart and Souls film over at Brad's.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2008 12:52 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, I plan on editing my Review when it gets closer to the release. I ended up seeing it twice in the span of about 10 hours and I have to say it was just as good the second time as it was the first.

Mike-
I think if you wait on this one till the start of June when it slows down for a couple weeks you will do really well with it.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2008 01:10 AM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Just found out they are looking for 3-week dates on this one. That lets us out, unless it's Star-Wars big. I'm not feeling it, but maybe I'm wrong?

I agree with you Mike, and the 3 week deals show's what faith Paramount has in it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: