Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » 10,000BC (2008)

Author Topic: 10,000BC (2008)
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-07-2008 09:04 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't want to waste too much of your time so I'll be brief.

[puke]

Roland Emerich proves he's no 'One-Dud-Wonder' and adds this one to his collection with 'Godzilla'.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz......

|  IP: Logged

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 09:53 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apocalypto 2: Electric Boogaloo

Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 10:49 AM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood has gone absolutely mad. this is a ridiculous film, however it does have some good special effects. The star is a Neanderthal Metrosexual, gotta make him look cute, otherwise it might not appeal to the tweens and adolescents, the source of the money. Never mind being authentic and showing the real Neanderthal man with stooped shoulders and covered with matted hair from head to foot. What they have here is one of the latest styles in some men, dreadlocks and a Van Dyke beard.

Gotta love Bollywood,

Louis

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 12:10 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't (nor will I) seen this, but did it even have talking in it? And what was the plot?!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-07-2008 12:35 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have high hopes for 10,000 BC. Reaction to it seems to be worse than I expected.

Currently it is rating a very miserable 08% rating at Rotten Tomatoes (46 of 50 reviews in are negative). A critic for The Associated Press called 10,000 BC "dumb as rocks."

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 12:57 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film is an utter JOKE!!! The CGI was not good at all, everything just looked fake. I swear someone watched Apocalypto and said, "Damn this movies not in English, it really sucks. Lets make a movie thats a tenth as good and have them speak english. Hell we will just steal the whole plot of the movie as well, just do it half assed."

I love how they take a beautiful white woman and try to make her look not so pretty by putting dirt on her. I've wasted to much of my time telling you how bad this movie was. Don't see it.

.25/5 [thumbsup]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 05:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I haven't (nor will I) seen this, but did it even have talking in it? And what was the plot?!
Some cavemen get kidnapped by Egyptians to be slave labor to build the pyramids with the help of wooley mammoths. Along the way they get attacked by some crazy dinosaurs with beaks and feathers.

No, I'm not making this up. [uhoh]

I went into this expecting it to be something like
One Million Years B.C. with Raquel Welch. [thumbsup]
 -

[ 03-08-2008, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lyons ]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-07-2008 06:14 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankfully I called "not it" on this turd. I wonder if Cory will forgive me for making him screen BOTH prints. [evil]

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 09:46 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah didn't care for this one either. On another note though, did anyone else notice how grainy the picture got in the fourth reel when they are in the slave quarters for the first time? I thought at first it might be a print defect, but I believe it continued into the last reel. It reminded me of graininess of Sin City.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2008 12:19 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it changed from shot to shot. When they would cut to the girl and then her capture it would change, when ever on the girl it was grainy and fine any other time.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-11-2008 11:41 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dan Lyons
get attacked by some crazy dinosaurs with beaks and feathers.

..was a variation of the common Gigantoraptor (raptors: flesh eating birds..buzzards, eagles, hawks..et.al..)

..yeppers, pretty sad movie. NOT worth 8 bucks to see, but a good 2 buck movie.

- "ID4" was still the best.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-11-2008 11:54 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do people call it "ID4"? That always angrified me.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-16-2008 08:41 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Against the advice of people whose judgment I trust (you), I went to this today. By about the 4th reel it was putting me to sleep. [sleep] I left.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: