Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » In Bruges (2007)

Author Topic: In Bruges (2007)
Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 02-15-2008 09:52 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to find a movie that constantly surprises but IN BRUGES certainly fills the bill. It's got characters you think are one thing that turn out to be another, but not over the top or shockingly so.... they grow on you. And considering the subject matter (two British hitmen hiding out 'til things cool down back home) it's damn funny.

It's "star" is Colin Farrell, who seems to be picking better and better roles all the time. Brendan Gleeson is excellent, always a pleasure to watch, as his face tells us all the things going on in his mind and soul.

Four out of five stars, but only because the climax is admittedly a bit thrown together, as Ralph Fiennes wanderers into LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS territory as another crazed boss named Harry. IN BRUGES is a haunting story and will stick with you. It made me want to visit Bruges.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2008 09:29 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would have been better without all the anti-American BS.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 02-19-2008 09:09 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WTF? It was a plot device and pretty damn accurate at that.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Mistaking the Canadian for a US citizen worked for me and for the plot. I pity poor Canadians all over who are mistaken for ugly Americans. Sorry guys!

And since 30% of Americans are obese, having some ugly porkers show up made sense.

I laughed in both cases. The truth hurts some.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: