Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Jumper (2008)

Author Topic: Jumper (2008)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-14-2008 04:49 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
So long as you can give into the idea of teleporting, or at least turn your brain off for 90 minutes, this is actually a fun movie. Not much more needs to be said. I was brainlessly entertained.

3 out of 5 stars

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2008 11:22 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was just ok, it didn't flow very well and it didn't have that much action. I think this whole "Idea" would work so much better as a 1 hr a week tv series. They have every thing they need to make a good tv series.

2.5/5 [thumbsup]

Thomas Pitt
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2008 02:06 PM      Profile for Thomas Pitt   Email Thomas Pitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was rather entertained by this as well, good use of CG for the wormholes - although there were some points where the movie itself appeared to 'jump' without any continuity. For example the final scene, we don't know whether it's several years later or next week! I also didn't like how the long pre-title sequence made the whole movie seem like a 90-minute flashback.

Having said that though, despite reading several bad reviews on other websites, I enjoyed this movie. It's not the best movie that's currently showing, but it's certainly better than the reviews had me believe...

There were many shaky-cam scenes in this film, but oddly it didn't seem to affect me as bad as Cloverfield did. All in all, 3 out of 5.

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2008 03:54 AM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i didnt like this film much. action scenes were hard to follow at times. too much teleporting around. ok so that guy goes to hit him... but then they dissapear and you dont know what youre looking at when they come back. shakey cam makes it hard to follow. cg is good, but its all just too much movement for my liking.

and another action flick with samuel l jackson? not another one!!!

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2008 04:20 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The idea was good , I think they could have done alot better with the story.

I became bored with the contact bickering between the two jumpers.
It did pace up towards the end and the girl with the dark brown eyes was easy to look at [Razz]

so i will give it 2.5 out of 5

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: