Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Romance & Cigarettes

Author Topic: Romance & Cigarettes
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2008 04:55 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Gandolfini singing "Lonely Is A Man Without Love" with dancing policemen and garbage collectors. Kate Winslett reeling of dialogue as profane as anything ever heard on film (and looking mighty good while doing it). Christopher Walken channeling Elvis as he dances through MY DELILAH. Add to that a strong supporting cast of Steve Buscemi, Mandy Moore, Aida Turturro, Elaine Stritch, Mary-Louise Parker, and Eddie Izzard. Oh, and there's Susan Sarandon doing a fantastic performance.

This is actually a rather normal drama that suddenly breaks out into song and dance. The film is extremely well written, giving the actors some real meat to work with.

This is not a film you are likely to see. It was directed and written by John Tuturro in 2005, then it got lost in the MGM/UA merger. It has been shown in very few engagements around the country lately. Mr. Tuturro is distributing the film himself, and it is being withdrawn on 1/18/2008 before a DVD release on 2/12/08.

This is one quirky, wild film. You really have no idea what will happen next. I will not appeal to everyone. I liked the film very very much, but my wife didn't find is as good.

I highly recommend this to people who really love film and want to see something completely different. On my academic rating scale, this one gets an A.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: