Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007)

Author Topic: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007)
Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2008 11:23 AM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jaw Droppingly Awful! A complete miss on all levels.

1 star out of 5.

|  IP: Logged

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 11:40 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree. This movie totally sucks.

0 out of 5 Stars

Carol May
Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2008 05:52 PM      Profile for Carol May   Email Carol May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the idea was clever, and John C. Reilly was great casting, but it lost me completely with the teen boy gross out jokes.

Jim Perry
Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2008 06:54 PM      Profile for Jim Perry   Email Jim Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myself and a friend went to see "Walk Hard" (DLP projection) at the new Rave Motion Pictures plex on X-mas Eve.
Speaking on her behalf, I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say that we both enjoyed the film VERY MUCH! And while we'll also agree that a few things did come up short in the humor department, admission price-wise, we both felt we got our money's worth on this "Spinal Tap-type mockumentry/spoof" (plus the fact that it was A HELL OF ALOT MORE ENTERTAINING than the "I Am Legend - IMAX 'experience'" RIP-OFF we endured earlier!).

My rating: 4 (out of 5 stars).
Her rating: 3 (out of 5).

Paul Burt
Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2008 11:36 AM      Profile for Paul Burt   Email Paul Burt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A decent enough little film, and some of the songs were really clever. The satirical take on Bob Dylan's obscure lyrics was a high point of sorts. One of the better mockumentaries.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: