Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Bucket List (2007)

Author Topic: The Bucket List (2007)
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2007 05:49 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite possibly the best movie released in 2007.

Need I say more?

5/5 stars

Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson both do a great job in this film.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2007 06:13 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the best movie in the last two or three years.

If it doesn't win Best Picture, Best Actor (for Morgan Freeman) and Best Screenplay I will be much surprised.

5 out of 5.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2008 12:27 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was an excellent film. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman did an excellent job. Saw this movie tonight at an all private employee screening at my theatre.

5/5 Stars for this film.

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2008 12:55 AM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it Tue night, loved it. I thought Juno was as good as it was going to get for awhile, I was wrong. About halfway through the film I realized this is going to get nominated like crazy.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-10-2008 08:34 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These reviews, although what I had hoped for this title..in no way match Rotten Tomatoes at about 50% last look. I was surprised I must say.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-26-2008 02:01 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only caught about the last 3rd of this picture. Loved it! Will return for the rest.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2008 04:10 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i can only but mirror the comments of others. Yes a real good wholesome film. Well acted and some real good lines, it makes one reflect back over their own lives with a few comic moments.

4 out of 5 from me.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2008 10:31 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I don't share the other posters' enthusiam for this movie, it wasn't bad.

However, tell me it wouldn't have been awesome if William Shatner was cast in the Jack Nicholson role.

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2008 05:22 PM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this today after helping out in another cinemas booth for the morning. cant believe they let me lace up and everything. very trusting.

really enjoyed this film. both actors are so well matched and the whole concept of a bucket list is brilliant. film print was very clean and sharp and there were NO LAB SPLICES!. these seem abundant in most prints we get these days.

Really solid film and ill look forward to seeing it again with my family.

4/5

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-07-2008 09:53 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just got around to this one and I really liked it. Not many movies make me "choke up" but this one did. Great job by all of the actors, including the supporting players.

It was also nice to have a movie where we got nice big crowds but I didn't have to tell ONE person the whole week to shut up or turn off their cell phone. [thumbsup]

I am kind of amazed that this film got shut out of the Oscar nominations. It really came out too late to get a good buzz going.

I guess the only thing I might complain about was the movie was a bit predictable -- after all it tells you the ending right at the beginning -- but the whole thing was so enjoyable that didn't bother me.

4.75 out of 5 stars for me.

Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2008 01:29 PM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this movie very much. Two of my favorite actors. For me 5 out of 5. I got a little emotional also.

Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: