Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Saw 4 (2007)

Author Topic: Saw 4 (2007)
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2007 05:17 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
undoubtedly the worst film I have seen for the year , it was just pure pointless crap.

It is a pity the first one started with a new look a horror in the 2000's it had an interesting plot which did work this one is so watered down I longed for it to finish.

1 out out of 5 stars from me on this one.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-26-2007 05:47 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Blake
pure pointless crap
I was thinking about what I would write about this turd on the drive home...but I think Phil put it best. I was BORED!!! The only entertainment I got out of this movie was opening the cans (complete with fake name...as if someone would want to bootleg this shit) only to find out the the leaders ALSO had a fake name on them!!!!! Again, Lion's Gate...please ask yourself this question. Who in their right mind would want to bootleg this??? Of course the good news is that it is possible the lab will lose the negatives due to the fake name nonsense and the world will be spared of this movie in the future.

This is a very tired old franchise that keeps getting worse and worse with every sequel. It is pointless and boring, yet you can tell the writers and the director really think they are making some sort of life changing horror movie. Well boys, nope. Sorry, but you failed...again!

Phil was way too generous. 1/2 out of 5 stars

To Lion's Gate, please stop making these stupid Saw movies!

Matt Barth
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2007 11:24 AM      Profile for Matt Barth   Email Matt Barth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved 1-3. Last night I was so upset at how 4 was done. This one did what so many people expected, it's guaranteed the remainder of the franchise a place among Exorcist, Psycho, and Halloween on the straight-to-DVD sequel racks.

---Matt

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2007 05:20 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After building this up early this morning, I ran it through and highly enjoyed it. Opening the film cans and building up this film seemed like an eternity, but, was well worth the wait to screen it. Definately worth my time. [evil] [evil] [evil]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: