Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Darjeeling Limited

Author Topic: The Darjeeling Limited
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-23-2007 01:52 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a comedy which will appeal to artsy-fartsy "high brow" individuals. There isn't a whole lot that is funny about it, but there are a few scenes which might make you think about smiling. The characters are all pretty lame, which might be why they all smoke. Smoking = lameness, that is fact. The story was pretty boring as well. Never did I care why the characters were doing what they were doing. Whoever wrote and directed this movie is pretty uninteresting I imagine. Bill Murray is in it for NO REASON and so is Natalie Portman. Their appearances have nothing to do with the story or even logic for that matter. They're just there. I suppose the viewer is supposed to go "OMG ITZ NATALEE PORTMAN OMG THIS MOVIE IS GREAT LOL!!!1!" The characters are all idiots and deserve to die. No wonder their mom hates them. I'd run away to a foreign country and become a nun if I pooped out such imbecilic offspring as well.

Spoiler
That whole scene with the dead kid and his 3rd world village could have and should have been removed from the movie. It had no reason to be there. I suppose it was in there so Adrien "Emo" Brody could finally discover that he likes kids and then go back to his bitch wife and actually enjoy the little thing she is about to have. Nobody cares. Also Nobody cares about Ringo Starr's ex girlfriend whom he keeps checking the messages of as well. And nobody cares about Owen Wilson... not even Owen Wilson as he clearly felt the world would be better off without him. Another scene that should have been removed was them trying to get the car started at the shop for NO REASON to go to their dad's funeral when they were already on their way just fine. Assholes.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-23-2007 10:28 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What is with the sudden viewing of current movies? This isn't like you to be so foolish.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2007 01:13 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this have to do with Jen?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-23-2007 04:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. We were looking for some movies to watch and those are the ones we haphazardly picked. I don't think any good movies were out.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-26-2007 09:41 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie's stupid title will keep me away from it. And if that doesn't work, Owen Wilson with bandages on his face will keep me away from it too.

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2007 08:08 PM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw it at the Montgomery Theater. The print's already scratched, it looked like they were using a 10-watt bulb for a lamp and the whole picture reminded me of an extended cliche-ridden film school final thesis. You know it sucks when the Princetonians in the audience aren't just glowing over it on the way out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: