Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Michael Clayton (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Michael Clayton
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-20-2007 12:13 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a suicidal type of person, it probably isn't a good idea to see this movie. While watching it is indeed a very effective method of suicide, it is also one of the most painful and slowest ways ever conceived. Putting your face in the garbage disposal would be much more pleasant and is highly recommended! This movie is so incredibly boring that you know it is probably based on a book (since books are boring). The movie is completely uninteresting and George Clooney's character is probably one of the most boring ever put on screen. There's so much about this movie not to care about. This movie barely even needs visuals. You could probably turn off the xenon and even turn off the sound and get the same effect. The editing also sucks ass. So does the directing. And the acting. And the writing. Nearly the entire audience (mostly old people) stayed through the credits thinking that something interesting may actually happen. I left early as to not waste even more of my life. Georgey-poo is still probably riding around in a cab.

This movie is bad for the environment since it used chemicals and stuff to make a film which is worth less than ass gas. This movie also hurt the Darfur situation as I now hate and am totally against everything that George Clooney stands for.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-20-2007 12:41 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
At least the film was in focus, unlike the poster.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2007 12:58 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's worst, a 2 hour loop of this, or this film?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-20-2007 10:01 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
At least the film was in focus, unlike the poster.
I am in focus! It's just a time exposure. Did I mention that this was presented at a Cinemark theater?

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 10-20-2007 10:40 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I haven't seen it, but I'll be running it in just over an hour. It's getting two shows today, but the other two films only one each, so this is probably the one that won't do well; they always seem to give the films that few want to see the most shows for some reason. 'As You Like It' is running now, and we had 'The Simpsons Movie' earlier today. All on 35mm, as are 'Surf's Up' and the two London Film Festival films later in the week, no digital at all this week, which is unusual now. Normally I'd rather run film, but I've been getting really bad headaches for the last few days, so the lack of noise from the digital machine would be quite welcome today!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-20-2007 04:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, unlike the movie poster.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-21-2007 03:54 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoyed this one very much. As usual George Clooney is at ease in the role and plays it well. The supporting cast is excellent (especially Tom Wilkinson). I even liked Tilda Swinton which I haven't done since 'Orlando'.

This isn't a fast paced thriller by any means, which is not to say it's not suspenseful. Very much in the vein of early seventies thrillers.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] out of
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2007 11:02 PM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to this one because I don't particularly like George Clooney. However, I really enjoyed it.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-21-2007 11:15 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, pictures or it doesn't exist.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-22-2007 09:55 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go Joe...
 -

Richard P. May
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2007 10:04 AM      Profile for Richard P. May   Email Richard P. May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A movie that for once appears to have had a completed script before it was made. Very well photographed (no shaky-cam), and pretty engrossing performances. Not a perfect film, but one for the grown ups.

RPM

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-22-2007 05:52 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That picture is in focus. Obviously Gaussian blur was applied.

Spoilers:
Did I mention this movie was retarded? I don't know why the crime boss from Batman Begins was going mentally crazy. That was the main focus of the movie. Just because he switches sides doesn't mean there is a need for him to go nuts and talk to Tom Clancy's kid on the phone. He was just hurting his own case against his former clients anyway. By the way, that kid was a fucking asshole and needed to be put in his place. Towards the end I was hoping that the kid was in the car when it blew up as George was looking at the horses for NO REASON. And he threw his ring and watch in the car and that was supposed to substitute as his body? OK.

And what's with Tom Clancy's brother? He had no reason to be in the movie. That was just stupid. He was a recovering crack addict or something who shows up out of the blue as Tom and the little brat race away. His only other scene was sneaking George Clooney out of the... ummm... wherever he was. I guess ol' George was able to use telepathy to obtain the brother's new contact information during their brief encounter on the driveway. And what was the deal with the poker dude who's only goal in life was to give Georgey a hard time? That's ALL he did, even as George was leaving. There wasn't any reason for that whatsoever and it added nothing, and neither did George's fixation with gambling.
End spoilers

This movie was made by retards, and everyone looks like they're only working on two hours of sleep in each scene.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 10-22-2007 11:16 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joey, where's the review of the other retarded movie we watched?

This film was extremely boring and I was trying to entertain myself the whole time. [Big Grin]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-22-2007 11:47 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't even remember the name of that movie.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-23-2007 12:21 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jennifer Pan
I was trying to entertain myself the whole time
Well, let's see some pictures of that.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: