Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

Author Topic: Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2007 06:13 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just screened this tonight after work, and I have to say I was looking forward to this. I have to say that I was slightly dissapointed in it. It kinda falls flat on its face, seems that the writers wern't really sure where to take the story, and kinda through in a bunch of cool shots and said heres our movie.

It almost looked like a lot of the SFX shots wern't complete or they just didn't have the money to really get a good house to do the work for them.

SPOILERS AHEAD---READ AT OWN RISK---

I liked how they introduced a lot of characters from the video game series in this one. They say that this is the last one but they do a good job of setting up another one. They kill off all the characters from the last two movies except for Alice and bring in all new people. I for one would like to see an army of Alice's roaming the planet and kicking ass.

END SPOILERS----

All in all I would say this one is tied with the first. I think that the second one is the best of the series. Milla Jovovich looks good in this one.

3/5

|  IP: Logged

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2007 11:12 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Milla Jovovich looked great in this film. I loved this film as well as the previous two. The action sequences were visually awesome as well as the sound effects. A total of 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Kamil Jackson-Chaka
Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2007 10:12 PM      Profile for Kamil Jackson-Chaka   Email Kamil Jackson-Chaka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was annoyed that they felt the need to airbrush every women's face for close-ups. Did they decided that would be cheaper than make-up or something?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: