Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Halloween (2007)

Author Topic: Halloween (2007)
Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2007 09:20 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one, I must say, was great. Rob Zombie certainly knows how to make a movie with all of his talent. His choice on violence and gore is awesome. It's no wonder that I am a huge fan of Rob Zombie. Anyway, I did get a little confused towards the end during the last reel and remembered seeing all of the other Halloween films and trying to compare, at least mentally from what I could remember. I'll just have to see this one again. I also previewed this one after I built it and moved the print to Theatre #10. I would give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

|  IP: Logged

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-04-2007 12:31 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh Chad! Howzit Bra?

I wen go see HALLOWEEN an the show waz junk!

In standard English, I regard the original 1978 film by John Carpenter and Debra Hill as one of my favorite horror film next to the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD by George Romero because they did not have to revert to the use of foul language and extreme gore that this film did. I only went to see the film because I had "Movie Cash" to see it after I bought HALLOWEEN 25 YEARS OF TERROR, a two disc collection about the history of the Halloween series, The only good thing about the showing was the flawless presentation at Honolulu's Dole Cannery 18 where I saw it with SRD sound and THX, In addition to the film , the jerky camera movements also sucked. In addition to HALLOWEEN, I also saw BECOMING JANE today at the Dole and I enjoyed that film very much especially Ann Hattaway. One out of four stars for HALLOWEEN.

-Claude

[ 09-04-2007, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Claude S. Ayakawa ]

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2007 10:13 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aloha, Braddah Claude. Even though I liked this 2007 version of Halloween very much, I do agree that the original is still the best, same with Halloween 2. I did like the idea of showing a little more of a historical background into Michael Myers.

But, all the same, the original Halloween was scary and more suspensful.

Anyway, the movie was shown in Dolby Digital on our 60ft screen in theater #10 which seats exactly 625 people.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: