Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Death Sentence (2007)

Author Topic: Death Sentence (2007)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2007 05:11 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres just something about Kevin Bacon, I can't put my finger on it but he is not a good actor at all. Seems like since Hollow Man his choice of roles has gone down the toilet. Now on to this film.

It is nothing more then a remake of Taxi Driver with a diffrent setup. This film takes forever to get to the payoff and then the ending just falls FLAT!!! The violence is just brutal, much like the Saw films. More brutal then Zombies Halloween.

In the end I left the theater after screening wondering if this was a good movie or bad movie. I'm really leaning towards this being a bad movie, but I'll have to check it out again with the girlfriend and get my final thought.

2/5

This print had so much negative dirt on it, it looked like it was snowing in some of the scenes.

It was nice to see John Goodman play a bad guy.

|  IP: Logged

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2007 09:13 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I previewed this movie early yesterday morning after my build of this film. I was surprised that it was scheduled for theater #3, our smallest auditorium & no digital surround sound, only Dolby SR. Anyway, this film was ok, though, it did have some good action sequences. I do agree that it was cool to see John Goodman play a bad guy & I think he played the part very well. My overall score is 2 out of 5.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: