Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » War (2007)

Author Topic: War (2007)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2007 05:51 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't really expecting much with this film. It was either hit or miss. Its advertised as a martial arts fighting kinda movie, and its really not what it is. There are really only two fights.

I like just about anything that Jason Statham is in. Even Crank was entertaining, and I love the Transporter movies. Throw in Jet Li and you can't really go wrong.

Like I said before, it was either hit or miss. But it kinda ends up being in the middle. Its not great but its not horrible, I for one never saw the "twist" at the end. And if anyone here says it was obvious is full of it. After your done watching it you piece it together and go oh duh. But before its revealed you don't see it coming.

I think its pretty funny that Statham trys so hard to put on the all american accent. When he yells his British accent comes out really strong. He still hasn't mastered the masking of his voice.

I give it a solid 3/5 stars. Worth a 2 hour break in your day.

|  IP: Logged

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2007 01:02 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed both "Transporter" films, and we didn't get "Crank" when it ran. I wasn't expecting much - and I certainly liked the martial arts scenes in this film much better than the dreadfully bad "Rush Hour 3".

That being said, I didn't either of the twists at the end of the film, and thought one of them was utterly contrived and out of place.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: