Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Stardust (2007)

Author Topic: Stardust (2007)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2007 06:00 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no desire to see Rush Hour 3. We only got Rush Hour and Stardust this weekend. The previews for this looked good and I had more of a desire to see this then I did RH3.

Even thought within the first ten minutes you know how the film is going to end you don't care. I havn't had this much fun watching a movie all year, I don't think even with Transformers did I get into it as much as I did with this. Everyone that is cast fits there character just right.

You really start to care about Tristran and Yvaine and there story. Like I said before, you can figure out whats going to happen but it dosn't matter.

This film was a lot funnier then I thought it was going to be, and alot of the hardest laughts come from Mr.DeNiro himself. He plays a gay/cross dressing pirate. And is hilarious.

I will for sure see this again with the gf.

4/5 a great family film and all around good time.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2007 04:18 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was in one of the smaller rooms at the local AMC, and it was well over 2/3 full. Guess us old folks who like these 10:30 in the morning shows wanted to see this one. And most were very well entertained.

This is a pleasant fantasy, along the line of PRINCESS BRIDE. You know from the first few minutes just how the film will end, you just don't know how it is going to get there.

Acting is very good, from a very well written script. Best were DeNiro and the Pirates, worst was Clare Danes, someone I just do not find to be attractive.

There are some very talky parts that could be trimmed. The special effects are good, but some of the effects lacked detail.

A nice way to spend a couple of hours. Not the best film I've seen this summer, but certainly a pleasant time at the theater.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 08-13-2007 02:05 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any comments about its resemblance to the Gaiman novel? I'm rereading it before I see this one, which I plan to, soon.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2007 10:30 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a bit underwhelmed by this movie. It just seemed to be lacking something. I may be becoming a bit jaded in the romantic feeling these types of movies are supposed to bring out. I did enjoy some of the scenery, though.

Theatre viewed: Regal's Edwards Stadium 14, Bakersfield.
Presentation: Projection and sound were excellent. No noticible grain in image. Rock steady (at least three of the reels had etched on white change-over cues instead of the solid black printed type). Color seemed a bit oversaturated in places, though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: