Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Transformers (2007) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Transformers (2007)
Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 09:14 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this tonight. Vaguely remember this from when I was younger. I really enjoyed it, and it was a hit with pretty much everyone I talked to after. It has some great effects, and is really well made. Much better than I expected.

I will give it 4/5.

[ 06-28-2007, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Michael Hossen ]

|  IP: Logged

Jarryd Beard
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 02:02 PM      Profile for Jarryd Beard   Email Jarryd Beard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familiar with the Transformers series, so maybe the spoiler you added in your review was fairly predictable. Nonetheless, is it really necessary to post such an eye catching bit of text days before the majority in these forums even have the opportunity to watch the film?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-28-2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Spoilers are one thing, but basically revealing the ending with no more than a glance required is something else. You probably would have reviewed "The Empire Strikes Back" by posting, "Luke is Darth Vader's son!"

(By the way -- it's "vaguely.")

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 07:18 PM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys. I thought the spoiler was pretty obvious. Ill take it off. It was released yesterday in Australia, when is it released in the US?

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 07:18 PM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, double post.

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 07:52 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, like that spoiler is a big shocker to everyone anyway... [uhoh] Gee, couldn't have guessed that would happen...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-28-2007 10:54 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't happen in the original Transformers movie, that's for sure.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2007 03:15 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realise that it isn't released until the 3rd in the US. I am loving the movie though. It gets better every time I watch it!!

Jeff Lacey
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2007 11:40 PM      Profile for Jeff Lacey   Email Jeff Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a good movie! For sure a solid 4.75/5.

So what did I see wrong with it? For one, I live in Detroit, so some of the scenes in Detroit, did not match up well with the surrounding areas. Yeah, I realize that no one other than Detroiters would catch it, but anyhow...

The other issue I saw was that you needed to suspend your belief of how the government actually works. The sec of defense is going to plan everything on his own? I guess I could be being a bit harsh, but I was thinking that it would be like an Independance Day movie with the hero President.

Overall, the movie is very well made, and if it doesn't open HUGE, it should have long legs.

Perfect action, great sound mix, some comedy and overall a classic summer action release and the best one so far this year. It has something for everyone, and I'd be surpised if there is many people that don't like it!

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 02:17 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, the summer has arrived! A little long and drawn out in spots, but overall a very well done alien invasion, go USA, blow everything up, special effects spectacular summer pop corn flick.

However, given recent evidence, I'm sure that this was a completely accidental success of a movie. I've all but lost hope that Hollywood can make these kinds of fun movies on purpose. Solid 4.5 out of 5 from me.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 02:18 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it was a good flick, but being a Michael Bay film, it had to remind me of what he did with his 2001 film "Pearl Harbor" - he carried some scenes out way too much at times that could have easily been trimmed down some and still got the msg across.

4/5 for me .... yet, it will be a good summer hit.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-03-2007 03:23 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You people have lost your minds. I walked in tonight on a screen that looked like a scene from Top Gun (and just as lame) with one of those "pep talk" scenes about how important the mission and some such bullshit is. [sleep]

I also walked into a scene where there were 3 transformers standing around having a chat with each other. All that was missing was the tea!

0 out of 5 starts. No way will I even give this piece of retardedness a chance. A bad movie is one thing, but this is just stupid.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-03-2007 03:45 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's how I felt about The Matrix after wandering in to a few random scenes during the screening.

I hear this movie has "shaky-cam". That could be the deal-breaker.

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 07:17 AM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished watching this...this...thing. My God what a piece of poo. Michael Bay needs to go away. Somebody buy him a Steadi-Cam and beat him to death with it. All I could say is why didn't James Cameron make this. Neck and neck with Eragon for stinkiness.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-03-2007 08:52 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
I hear this movie has "shaky-cam".
Doesn't every movie from Michael Bay have that?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: