Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Bridge to Terabithia (2007)

Author Topic: Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
Patrick de Groot
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2007 05:42 PM      Profile for Patrick de Groot   Email Patrick de Groot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie tells about a boy who doesn't have any real friends. He likes to draw things from his imagination. He meets a spontaneous girl. They create a fantasy world: Terabithia. This is really a beautiful emotional movie. Here in The Netherlands they marketed it TOTALLY WRONG. Early playing times like it's a children movie. It's not! Go see it.

[edit grammar]

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-25-2007 05:56 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I didn't think to review it here, I did see it, and I liked it quite a bit. The movie was marketed in the US as a kiddie action-adventure movie, which isn't very accurate. It has a lot more going for it than that, and dammit it almost made me bawl like a goofy emo or something.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2007 11:44 PM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just previewed this morning and i feel better after reading Davids comments. I to became quite choked up in places . The story I enjoyed to story I was very different for what I was lead to expect , It was marketed as a "Narnia" type film ans sadly i will attract the wrong audience as already mentioned.

A real pity the print I received was a used print and had received very bad platter scratching .

3.5 out of 5 from me.

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 12:01 AM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree with the reviews. Phil, our print was used too. Full of base scratches, particularly noticable on the end credits with the white background. Gradually cleaned up after about 20 runs through FilnGuard.

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2007 12:05 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to read the book for high school english a few years back, I remember it being quite deep, so I was surprised to see it marketed in Australia too, as a Narnia type movie. Its good to know I'm not going crazy.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: