Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Shrek 3 (2007)

Author Topic: Shrek 3 (2007)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-19-2007 04:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I am the first person to review this stupid, boring, NOT funny, waste of time.

I didn't care for the first two, but this one is definitely the worst of the bunch. The only thing I laughed at was when donkey and puss switch places and the donkey reacts like a scared cat. Yup, those 2 seconds were really worth sitting through the other hour and a half! [Roll Eyes]

1 out of 5 stars

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-19-2007 07:21 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that Chris Farley was the original voice of Shrek and that they recorded most of his dialog. But then they got Mike Meyers to rerecord everything after Farley decided to die of obesity or being stupid or whatever it was. Then Meyers recorded the lines again because they wanted Shrek to have a poorly performed Scottish accent that makes ears bleed. I wish Farley had completed all of the lines and that the movie would have been released that way. Then Shrek 2 and 3 here would be less likely to exist, and the world would rejoice.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-19-2007 09:39 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
I wish Farley had completed all of the lines and that the movie would have been released that way. Then Shrek 2 and 3 here would be less likely to exist, and the world would rejoice.

You're kidding, right? The first one grossed some $350 million. No little inconvenience like a star's death would have prevented the sequels.

I haven't seen this yet but I can tell the reviewers are right because of the trailers...they suck.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-19-2007 11:07 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
No little inconvenience like a star's death would have prevented the sequels.
You are assuming it would have done just as well listening to Chris Farley being obese as it did listening to Michael Meyers do his worst Scottish impression.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2007 11:22 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should have gotten Darryl Hammond to do it, he can do a mean Sean Connery impersonation.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2007 12:51 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this one pretty much sucked as well. Had the fortune of previewing it at my old location...

Fell asleep at least three times... The wife liked it...

I was bored to tears... They took a great movie and destroyed it, which is SOOO typical of 'sequels'. [Eek!]

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2007 08:40 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shrek the Turd.

Still, its bringing in the people.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2007 11:07 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a complete waste of time this movie was. It plainly sucked. But, it still is bringing in the bucks.

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2007 02:51 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like the third outings of both Spidey and Pirates, Shrek 3 also takes a detour to the dark side. Gone are the irreverent sendups of Disney and childhood fables and in its place are an exploration of mature supposedly 'deep' issues such as the responsibilities of pending fatherhood, the passage of a kingdom upon the death of a ruler, the bullying of a geek at school.

The biggest problem this time is that they seemed to have forgotten a script. Not so much a storyline as it is a series of unrelated scenes spliced together. At a scant 80 minutes it still seems very padded (which it is).

And what happened this time with the music? The series which 5 years ago revived Neil Diamond's "I am Believer" into a sing-along hit, this time instead uses mostly dirges - including the Paul McCartney Wings version of the bond theme "Live and Let Die" when the king dies. What in gods name were they thinking???

A truly awful movie - even worse than most direct to video sequels.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 06-04-2007 10:57 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the big musical number at the end??

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2007 09:14 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was very dull indeed, it lacked the witty one liners it lacked the exciting music and it had too many morals woven into the story.

the worst of the the three for sure , good thing it was short animation was great but from an adult view point it was sadly lacking .

1.5 out of 5 from me

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-11-2007 09:59 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the negative comments here and elsewhere, I was prepared to hate this movie but I liked it fairly well. It had some great one-liners. The scene at the Worchestershire High School was a hoot, and I got a kick out of the bitchy princesses.

There didn't seem to be any good quotable Donkey oneliners this time though.

I would give the first one 4.5 stars out of five, and this one would get a solid 2.5. If this hadn't been a sequel, I might have rated it a bit higher.

Update: I forgot to deduct a half-star for Fergie's ridiculous rendition (using the word loosely) of the great Heart song, "Barracuda." So a net result of 2 stars.

[ 06-12-2007, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: