Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Spiderman 3 (2007) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Spiderman 3 (2007)
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2007 01:17 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well did did enjoy this film overall , the story was inline with the previous ones ,it was well made with balanced special effects/action scenes.

Without giving the plot away i could sense a borrowed a theme from early sci film "Beware of the dark side of the force , Luke" .

I feel they did drag the scenes along to slowly , maybe they were trying to really work on our feelings and emotions,which it did, but it could have been paced up more

i will give it 3.5 out of 5

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-03-2007 04:28 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Parker battles complex social issues and supervillains. Same as the first two. Solid 3.5 of 5. Fun & forgettable.

IMAX DMR looked and sounded great!

Alex Grueneberg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2007 05:44 AM      Profile for Alex Grueneberg   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Grueneberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this is what we've been waiting for? I think its crap [bs] .
The pacing is horrid, and right from the start the movie feels off. I might add that my hopes for the film were not all that high either.

Honestly, 250 million and this is what we get? Talk about a disappointing start to the summer season..

The sound mix is fun though. And thanks Deluxe for some super low numbered nice looking prints. All five..

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-03-2007 06:00 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
To quote Mike Heenan [sleep]

Seriously, I kept waiting for this thing to end. It just droned on and on and on. Then reel 3 started! Ugh, it was a bore-a-rama. And then they couldn't decide how to end it, so even the damned ending droned on and on!!! [Mad]

I didn't find the prints anything special at all. The ones I screened came from Deluxe in LA on loop printers. I had one reel 6 that was bouncey, bouncey, bouncey! (The rest of the reels were steady though.)

But in getting back to the movie review, this movie is a total waste of time. Maybe had they chopped an hour out of it, the show could've been decent.

1.5 out of 5

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-03-2007 10:36 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
1.5 out of 5
ALL RIGHT! Another mega-blockbuster! [Big Grin] $$$ [Big Grin]

Jason Winn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2007 02:55 PM      Profile for Jason Winn   Email Jason Winn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but I loved it! I think it's the best Spider-man movie so far! I thought the pacing was just fine. I was worried it might be a little rushed with Green Goblin II, The Sandman, The Alien Costume, and Venom, but it didn't feel rushed at all. It had a great story mixed with amazing action scenes.

I only had one disappointment with this movie. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!! My only disappointment was that they killed off Venom at the end. I was hoping Venom would survive and then, in Spider-man 4, they would introduce Carnage and he would team up with Venom to fight Spider-man. But, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Other than that, this movie kicked major ass!

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-04-2007 07:28 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, they'll have to dream up new villans for the web swinger to fight with...since all of them died, and he forgave Sandman...(and that part of the movie when Sandman became a huge monster was a bit on the corny side - way too obvious of some bad writing there..)

Maybe Jameson might be the next monster he'll have to fight with...

I liked it, but won't buy the DVD of it ... 2.75 out of 5 for me.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2007 01:31 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always assumed the next villian would be The Lizard (Dr. Conners).

I love the Spidey movies and I really liked this one, but it is the least of the three. 4 out of 5.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 05-05-2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Cinemark Movies 12, Ames, IA
AUDITORIUM: 7
PRESENTATION: 35mm/Mystery Meat Digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

You know...maybe one man CAN make a Spoiler.

Presentation today may end up being one of the best I see this year. Really clean, solid, and in focus.

THE PLOT: A love triangle is occasionally interrupted by a couple of villains done so poorly that one longtime fan of the comic book claimed (on another message board) this movie "destroyed my entire childhood". The villains are really incidental here. The whole Sandman back story was apparently conceived just for the movie.

After the brilliant second movie, this one feels a lot like "hey, we've seen this before". The music really could have stood a refreshing. But the action is stellar, and there's lots of laughs too. The KSL "Movie Show" guys did nothing but complain about the movie...then gave it 3 stars. Yeah. One of those.

What I overheard from the crowd on the way out was that opinion was split by gender. Men were mostly saying "I loved this part, but..." But women were going "GREAT movie!" It really is a Spidey chick flick. Kids seemed to be on board with the women.

The room was about 3/4 full, easily the biggest crowd I've ever seen in this room for a matinee. And they're running it on four screens.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-06-2007 06:51 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caught the 12:40PM show today at Regal 15 in Shelbyville, House #8. The print looked pretty good overall, sharp and steady, didn't see any serious print defects, except reel #2 had about 15-20 seconds of "wavy line syndrome" which I haven't seen in a long time. Sounded great.

It was ok. Met (but did not exceed) my expectations. It seemed like the different story elements were kind of haphazardly edited together at times. Reminds me of driving behind someone who speeds up, then slows down, then speeds up, then slows down. Very annoying.

I'll give it 3 stars out of 5. Moderately entertaining, don't need to see it again, glad I didn't pay full evening price.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 05-07-2007 12:53 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jason Winn
I only had one disappointment with this movie. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!! My only disappointment was that they killed off Venom at the end. I was hoping Venom would survive and then, in Spider-man 4, they would introduce Carnage and he would team up with Venom to fight Spider-man. But, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
Come on! It's a movie. You don' t have to go to the funeral. When did the death of a character ever stop some filmmaker from bringing him/her/it back to life if it would sell tickets?

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2007 06:38 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell was that!

That movie was the biggest waste of time I have ever seen, what the hell was with all that emo crap.

***Spoiler Start***
This film contains no myspace scenes
***Spoiler End***

This was boring, predictable, stupid, unbelievable characters, and if all the film critics in the world just saw the same movie as I did, Tobey Maguire might just end up a real emo.

The popcorn was awesome!

Kara Tillotson
Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 09:37 PM      Profile for Kara Tillotson   Author's Homepage   Email Kara Tillotson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did any of you get S3 with a few reels done backwards?

Josh Rosen
Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 11:05 PM      Profile for Josh Rosen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overall I thought that it wasn't really as bad as many people seem to say it was. As a movie it was fine, It was average. But it definlty was not like Spiderman 1 and 2 where they were good, memorable movies that left an impression on you.

quote: Kara Tillotson
Did any of you get S3 with a few reels done backwards?
Yah, most of the cans I got in were very mixed, some had more heads up, some had more tails up.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 05-10-2007 04:15 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You usually have 1 or 2 that are tails out. For quality control, they usually take one reel and rewind it, checking for defects before sending out the whole print.

And of the prints I saw being built up (I built up one and one of our managers built up a 2nd one at the same time), they both had just reel 2 tails out (too bad they couldn't have QC checked the reels that had actual problems).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: