Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Vacancy

Author Topic: Vacancy
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-21-2007 09:10 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicely photographed hokum. Plot holes to fit several battleships side by side. Much of the budget seems to be in the title sequences.
A battling bickersons couple in a car, hubby takes a late night deserted road "short cut" and has the requisite car problems. They lurch to a stop near a seedy motel. Said motel is actually a snuff movie factory. Much suspense movie cliche nonsense ensues. Bad guys lose, wife realizes hubby is good guy after all.
I don't see this being a blockbuster, but I hate to overestimate public taste.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2007 12:01 AM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Entertaining enough, the scenes in the hotel room are pretty effective... but nothing to write home about. I will note it's important to have the volume on this movie high, since it relies heavily on jump scenes. The place I went to see it had it just a tad low to be fully effective, although just about anything works on the teenies.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2007 09:21 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greco factor with Beckinsale?

Dave, you should put spoiler tags in your post...I don't want to know what happens to the bad guys...some movies have the bad guy prevailing

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2007 11:35 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the movie was pretty good. It certainly kept me interested in it enough. The action sequences were especially good. The only thing I didn't like was how the ending just abruptly ended and led right into the credits. The sound was great, as it should be since it was played in Dolby Digital.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: