Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » 300 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 300
Jeremy Spracklen
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2007 02:14 AM      Profile for Jeremy Spracklen   Email Jeremy Spracklen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two words - fucking retarded.

I liked that ending better when it was in Gladiator. In fact, I would like to splice that in at the end. If anyone has the last reel of Gladiator, I would be willing to take it off their hands for $4, half a bottle of Tide and a used Donald Trump doll.

The only thing that was cool at the end when you see that the main guy was wearing his Frank-n-Furter undies the entire time. Then, as a tribute, the whole army fights in their Frank-n-Furter drawers while some guy cribs from Braveheart. Oh...hope that didn't ruin it for anyone.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2007 12:31 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Jeremy hated it enough to post a review, then it must be great.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-09-2007 12:56 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[puke]

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2007 01:04 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rather liked it. I thought it was going to be some silly MTVish jerky cam/semi-modernized garbage. It was actually well shot with authentic dialogue.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-09-2007 08:00 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jeremy Spracklen
$4, half a bottle of Tide and a used Donald Trump doll.

What are you, McGuyver? That doesn't make any sense. You completely forgot to ask for a toothpick, dental floss, a nine iron, and six copies of Tank Girl on DVD.

Ciao

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2007 04:44 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the movie was really good to watch. The special effects were great, especially the sound effects.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-09-2007 06:38 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Donald Trump doll is "used"?

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-10-2007 12:05 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the exception of the two D Cinema 3-D showings at the Dole Cannery 18 in Honolulu, "300" will be the first screening of a regular feature film in digital at that theatre. Because I took advantage of a Best Buy promotion, I have a DVD showing how the film was made as well as a free ticket to the movie and I am planning to use it this week end. I will post my comments about the film and the presentation after I see the movie.

-Claude

Alex Grueneberg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2007 12:57 AM      Profile for Alex Grueneberg   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Grueneberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sound mix on this packs a serious punch. Opening logos [thumbsup]

Other then that this isn't really my forte and the slow motion got a little masturbatory after a while.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2007 02:39 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But it's based on a comic book!

Now, how long before some nut-job informs me it's a GRAPHIC NOVEL, not a comic book!

Get a life...

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-10-2007 02:44 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dustin Mitchell
It was actually well shot with authentic dialogue.
Authentic dialog? In Ancient Greek? Αλέιθια? Did Mel Gibson have anything to do with the production?

Kyle Anderson
Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2007 03:41 AM      Profile for Kyle Anderson   Email Kyle Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EXCELLENT, except that the ending kinda sucked (a bit long-winded; could have cut a minute out of the dialogue and it would have been more consistent with the sight of 10k Spartans) =/

Action sequences were AWESOME... denotes multiple moments of sit-back and sigh at how badass that just was. Loved the 40 seconds of focus on each of the main warriors in combat - great choreography, used to great effect - cinematography was top-notch!

4.5/5 -.5 for the poorly done ending. +.5 for the nudity (take that Gladiator)

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-10-2007 04:01 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Spaeth
Now, how long before some nut-job informs me it's a GRAPHIC NOVEL, not a comic book!

Get a life...

Hey it's a GRAPHIC NOVEL, not a comic book!!!

Nut job out.

Actually there is a difference. Comic books are for babies, graphic novels are for grown up loser men who can't get a girlfriend.

Ciao

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2007 08:02 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, there is a definite Greco factor in this?

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2007 11:12 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a comic book, not a graphic novel! Graphic novels are for people who feel insecure reading comic books, and comic books are for people who don't give a shit.

If you were to ask Frank Miller, I bet he'd say it's a comic book.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: