Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Wild Hogs 2007

Author Topic: Wild Hogs 2007
Steve Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2007 09:11 PM      Profile for Steve Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1st Saturday, 2 oclock showing, 85% sold out. The audience was in stiches the whole movie!

The Critics will lose this one!

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2007 02:04 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold out of our 7 o'clock show. Had to actually put folding chairs in the theater for people to sit on (don't know why, but the ushers did). I could hear laughter all the way up in the booth!

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2007 05:48 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mindless entertainment. Oh boy, another movie that will most likely have a sequel. I can hardly wait. Who writes this shit???? [thumbsdown]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-05-2007 09:36 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw most of it yesterday. It was mildly amusing at best, very lame at worst. The rest of the audience seemed to be enjoying it though. I was bored and disappointed, had other things to do, so I left after about an hour, didn't care how it might end.

Kevin Raisler
Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2007 02:03 PM      Profile for Kevin Raisler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Behold the power of the Oprah Winfrey show 1 out of 5 stars. This is entertainment?

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 03-17-2007 09:08 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our crowds seem highly entertained. Every time I walk in the theater, everyone is laughing out loud. The parts that I've seen looked pretty funny. I think this is one of those movies that is better to see with a sold out crowd though. I'm not sure that the comedy will translate to the living room screen, but it might. But I did notice that there were practically no kids in this movie. I guess they don't want to see all of the old farts on the screen. But the older crowd really likes it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-17-2007 12:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't been able to play this yet (next week, hopefully) but I can't remember the last time I've had so many people ask me when a movie is coming. Even folks who NEVER go to the show are asking about it. So on that basis, I already love it. [beer]

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2007 05:11 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoyed it, but the important thing is, so did all the couples that came to see it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-06-2007 11:28 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're in week 2 of this now. It's already in our all-time top ten with 6 days to go.

It has some really funny parts (the only one of the stars that really doesn't have much to do is Tim Allen) but there are some really lame parts. My favorite scene is when Travolta looks in his rearview mirror after the bar blows up.

A few elements of the movie were too dumb. The "police force" in the small town was too silly. The "bad guy" bikers weren't bad enough.

The Greco factor in the last 2 minutes is off the chart though!

The ending "tag" was totally stupid. They'd have been better to put a blooper reel on instead.

Overall, 3.5 out of 5 for me, with one star added for the fact that it's packin'em in and everyone is loving it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: