Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hannibal Rising (2007)

Author Topic: Hannibal Rising (2007)
Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2007 05:10 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hannibal is undoubtedly one of the coolest characters in movie history. But that's because he works like Boba Fett. He's a peripheral character whose origin is unknown. We hear bits and pieces of his history, using our imagination to fill in the gaps. If we knew where he came from, that would humanize him and make him far less scary. Which is why HANNIBAL RISING sucks.

The demystification of Hannibal not only makes for a boring movie, but also knocks the other movies in the franchise down a notch. It's best left forgotten with the likes of RED DRAGON.

So HANNIBAL RISING's bad. Big damn deal. I guess, deep down, we all knew that going into it. But then, just to pour salt in our wound, Dino De Laurentiis anounced that he's hired HR's director, Peter Webber, to helm the new Barbarella movie.

Making a bad Hannibal movie is one thing. But you don't mess around when it comes to the Queen of the Galaxy! Some things are sacred.

|  IP: Logged

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2007 03:59 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and I thought Norbit was bad. Can I give negative stars?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: