Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Hitcher (2007)

Author Topic: The Hitcher (2007)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-19-2007 11:27 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The Hitcher is a great movie.

Unfortunately, The Hitcher SUCKS!!!

About all I can say is to anyone who has not seen the original 1986 The Hitcher...do not see the current piece of SHIT that is out in theaters and instead go rent the original on DVD. Music video director Dave Meyers has royally fucked up a good movie...but this shouldn't surprise anyone since it IS after all a Michael Bay production. [Mad]

The story has changed, drastically. The acting is nowhere near as good as the original, The hitcher himself isn't scary, or even interesting, at all. Even Nash's role is completely altered. (For some reason they changed the character name of Nash to Grace, even though all of the other character's names remained the same.) Here she is in the very first scene of the movie, when she shouldn't even be introduced until halfway into the movie...and yet Jim is the one strapped to the trucks!

Even the main car chase is a joke. I can hear that stupid MTV director right now. "Screw the sound effects, background music and overall impact of the scene, LET'S MAKE THE ENTIRE SCENE A MUSIC VIDEO!!! Yeah that won't suck at all!"

And just how many times do you have to force feed the audience what it is that the hitcher wants? Ok, we got it the 5th time...yet your stupid actors STILL don't get it!

SWEET CHEESE EATING JESUS THIS VERSION SUCKS!

Well Dave Meyers, you and your entire movie is just shit...all stinky, moist and warm.

0 out of 5 stars.

Was that review clear enough?

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-20-2007 12:27 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
So the hitcher wants to find the Jesus that eats sweet cheese? Mexicans eat the weirdest things.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2007 02:11 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sofia Bush is the reason I saw this...I never saw the original.

I really liked this one.

It's pretty bad that I go see a movie because a hot woman is in it... [Frown]

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2007 10:43 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie was ok, but, Sofia Bush was hot. I never saw the original one, though.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2007 01:00 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are still waiting for this to be relased in the UK (It's out in June)...and I was looking forward to it....that was untill I just founbd out that the UK is getting an edited version with the violence toned down.

According to the British Board of Film Classification website the distributor just submitted a new version with cuts in order to get a lower rating in the UK. (Which it has done)

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-25-2007 06:55 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rutger Hauer would easily cook Sean Bean's balls in sweet cheese.

Go with the original 1986 version. Most remakes suck ass cheese.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: