Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Blood Diamond (2006)

Author Topic: Blood Diamond (2006)
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2006 04:39 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to this movie just with the trailer. I was not disappointed. This was one of the best movies I've seen this year. The views were stunning. It was perfect in Scope. 4/5

|  IP: Logged

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2006 11:18 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is indeed one of the better movies I have seen recently. Although I say Leonardo was better in The Departed, he's pretty good here also. For some reason I thought Jennifer Connelly was pretty hot in this.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2006 05:12 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DeCaprios accent was dreadful!!!!

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2006 05:42 PM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His accent during the trailer is the single reason I have not watched this movie.

"In America it's bling-bling, but over here it's bling-bang."

That line, and the way it was delivered, almost made me vomit.

Kyle Anderson
Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2006 02:40 PM      Profile for Kyle Anderson   Email Kyle Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's legit South African; the Academy will give him kudos for it (as it was actually pretty good).

Better than Kevin Costner would do ..

Paul Burt
Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2007 11:39 AM      Profile for Paul Burt   Email Paul Burt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was the best of this years crop of African Nightmare movies (Catch a Fire, Last King of Scotland, Hotel Rwanda) although nothing compares to Forrest Whitaker's turn as Idi Amin.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: