Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Holiday (2006)

Author Topic: The Holiday (2006)
James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2006 09:21 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me: Excuse me, do you work here?
Manager: Yes, how may I help you?
Me: Can you come look at auditorium number 13? It appears that someone has smeared crap all over the screen!
Manager: That's not crap. That's The Holiday.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Burt
Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2007 11:42 AM      Profile for Paul Burt   Email Paul Burt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta be one of the worst romantic comedies ever. Every possible cliche well represented. No attempt to be even slightly believable. A good cast wasted. Phooey.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-08-2007 11:09 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it's nothing special storywise, but Jack Black and Cameron Diaz (love the close-ups of her face) made it enjoyable.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2007 03:08 AM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the musical score. Another great Hans Zimmer score.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-10-2007 09:01 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chick flicks shouldn't be longer than 90 minutes.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-02-2007 02:59 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to agree with the people above, predictable and the "OMG why does that need to be in there" just to make this movie longer [Frown] . It does have a slight cuteness because all the characters are trying oh so very hard for you to love them that you kind of have to... unless you walk out or fall asleep. [Razz] Catch this on TV if you feel like you're bored and need a "Awww, love sucks" kind of movie. If you are a fan of any of the actors/actresses maybe rent it on DVD... ahh Jude Law... [Cool]

[The Jen] 1/2 out of 5

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: