Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Grudge 2

Author Topic: The Grudge 2
Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2006 12:26 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as bad as the first film. No, let me correct myself....this film is worse than the original (US remake). Watch the 2 1/2 minute trailer if you really want to be scared. Nothing ever happens during the entire course of the film. Nothing scarey, no horrific moments, absolutely nothing. Its basically the Grudge 1 all over again. Looks like the studio spent more in promotion materials than the actual movie. Perhaps the studios should have the company who puts together the coming attraction trailers actually edit their movies. Avoid this bomb at all costs. The creepy sound effects get really tiresome after about 15 minutes. And to think that it looks like they will attempt a Grudge 3. Please, give me a break. [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like any other "franchise" horror movie; only without the blood, the campy-fun lines before the final slash, the cursing, any plot, nudity, or shock value to the villian. When you get ten to twenty seconds to contemplate the big scare, what's there to wait around for?

[fu] F you Sony. You've wasted too much of my life sitting around trying to get scared at your "horror" movies, let alone entertained.

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2006 01:18 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said in my myspace 'blog'.... This was the worst piece of shit I've seen in about two years. So god awful, I even had to write a blog about it (and us the words 'piece of shit' to describe it haha). TERRIBLE! [Mad] Someone please give me back my two hours of my life I wasted on this. Thank you.

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2006 01:35 AM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree. This is definately [bs]

Jason Winn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2006 11:42 AM      Profile for Jason Winn   Email Jason Winn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually liked the first one, but this one sucked major ass! It felt like they were trying to duplicate the first one, but itīs just not scary anymore. It was way too predictable. I always knew what was about to happen before it happened. Whatīs really sad is there were people in the theatre that were actually screaming, but I was just laughing my ass off the whole time at how horrible it is.

Itīs still not as bad as Ring 2, but this is still a piece of shit. You should avoid this movie at all costs!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: