Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Last Kiss

Author Topic: The Last Kiss
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2006 03:59 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On its own this is a pretty decent movie, but the whole time I was watching it I kept comparing it to Garden State. It lacks the originality that Garden State had. It is a typical movie about some friend dealing with getting old(er). It also lacked the Natalie Portman factor. Lots of nudity as well.

|  IP: Logged

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 10-02-2006 04:09 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this one opening night and it wasn't really packed at all.

I do have to agree that I kept thinking about Garden State the whole time watching it. I didn't like any of the female characters in this movie, fake and stupid... or over the top I guess... it was an ok story... but its not great. Nothing of real surprise.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2006 04:27 AM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(this is for the 2006 English language version ... just a disclaimer seeing the title of this thread doesn't distinguish which version of the film this thread is about)

==

possible mild spoilers of this film (and the Italian one it is based on) but I'll stay away from anything major.

==

I really liked L'Ultimo bacio so I was looking forward to this movie. I wasn't disappointed. The majority of the departures from the original version I think actually added to this film, with the exception of the parents (the Blythe Danner / Tom Wilkinson couple in this version) ... in the Italian version that couple's struggle really helps with the overall film, in this version, it just seems like a convenience for the plot. Too easily & neatly resolved.

Aside from the fact that Zach Braff is in it, I don't see the similarity to Garden State.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: