Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Starship Troopers (1997)

Author Topic: Starship Troopers (1997)
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 09-15-2006 12:43 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To quote various other reviewers: this is the greatest B-movie ever made. It has plenty of gratuitous nudity and violence, and yet also carries important messages about war and society.

The ride is fun as hell and the CGI effects hold up very well, even nine years after the initial release of this film.

This is one of my all-time favorites and I highly recommend it.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-16-2006 04:35 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also loved this film with its social undertones about how war becomes necessary when you do not have the ability to communicate with your enemy.

I thought that Dr. Doogie and Casper just did a bad job in the movie, however the rest of the performances were fairly good, but the best were from the whiny general and also from the one armed man who used to be the teacher.

It is too bad that Verhoeven did not get enough of the social commentary in the film, and concentrated instead on making the special effects numerous and plentiful.

Ciao

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2006 12:16 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sure varied from the book. But as mentioned, a great "B" movie

Tom Hayes
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2006 02:26 AM      Profile for Tom Hayes   Email Tom Hayes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this being re-released in the theater? I'd love to see it again on a big screen.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-17-2006 04:52 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The book had better special effects and nudity.

Christian Appelt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2006 07:43 AM      Profile for Christian Appelt   Email Christian Appelt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
The ride is fun as hell and the CGI effects hold up very well, even nine years after the initial release of this film.

I always suspected that Denise Richards was a CGI character! The various bugs could have been real, but not her... [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: