Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Jackass 2 (2006) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Jackass 2 (2006)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-15-2006 12:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
While I am not the biggest Jackass fan in the world, I must admit I do like to turn my brain off once in awhile and enjoy the sheer stupidity of these guys.

This is what you should expect from this movie:
Old woman tits
Old man balls
Horse shit
Horse cum
Fart mask
Medicine Ball Dodgeball
Cobras
Anacondas
Penises
Snakes on a Penis
Rockets
Explosions
Terrorists

My favorite parts are actually not so much the blood, pain and vomiting, but the sequences where Johnny Knoxville and gang dress up as old people messing with random people on the street. I could watch that for 2 hours and not get bored.

If you liked the first Jackass, this one is better.

4 out of 5 stars

My review of the theater can be found here.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2006 02:06 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for inviting me....jerk. [evil]

I used to hate this kind of stuff, but after watching viva la bam I've started to like the other guys. They guy that rollerblades in the speedos is too funny.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-15-2006 03:35 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Chris, but since Will Ferrell wasn't in it, I naturally assumed you wouldn't have any interest in seeing it.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2006 03:44 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries. Will Ferrell does have a new movie coming out next month so I have been putting it on every movie I can.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-15-2006 03:50 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank god we have start timers!

Justin Gorka
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2006 05:54 PM      Profile for Justin Gorka   Email Justin Gorka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the point, bound to be crap, we even have a bloody Welsh version-I'd rather iron my balls to a gnu (without the cameras being present of course!)

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2006 12:43 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it weird that I thought the song and dance routine near the end was the most enjoyable part? I find the gross stuff unenjoyable, but the practical jokes they play on each other are funny. Does anyone know what the "actors" got paid for this movie?

Alex Grueneberg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2006 10:47 PM      Profile for Alex Grueneberg   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Grueneberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The gross stuff just got plain weird towards the end, nor do I much care for it. The practical joke stuff was great though.

Side note: no problems with my prints sound mix. Format was DTS.

2/5

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 09-24-2006 09:16 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is horrible...but it's really, really funny. Recommended for anyone with a strong stomach who wants some mindless entertainment.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2006 09:18 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen about half of it, just watching it through the port window and it is pretty funny. I like the scene where they switch Phil with that other fat guy. The guy from Broken Lizard comedy group's, who is sometimes credited as Broken Lizard, appearance in his legitimate role is pretty funny too.

Edited so Jeremy Jorgenson can sleep again.

[ 09-28-2006, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Chris Hipp ]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 09-24-2006 09:56 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there really that much puke? I have a real problem with seeing puke...odd phobia. Anyway, my bf is trying to get me to go but it might be too much. Someone who's seen it? Anyone? =)

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2006 10:21 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Hipp
No worries. Will Ferrell does have a new movie coming out next month so I have been putting it on every movie I can.

[Mad]
I wish Johnny Depp would come out with a movie so I could replace them with something good!

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 09-25-2006 09:12 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After watching parts of this, the only thing that came to mind was:

"We're a doomed race."

[thumbsdown]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-25-2006 07:30 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, sometimes you're such a stick-in-the-mud! [Razz]

This film was great! Better than the 1st!

4 outta 5

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-26-2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Checked out Jackass 2 last night.

The show was really funny, and in some ways it topped the original. Johnny Knoxville and his gang at least "pushed the envelope" on what was possible in stunts that are either really painful or very disgusting. However, the novelty behind the stunts has worn off a little.

The cattle stampede in the opening titles was pretty cool -done in slow motion with Ennio Morricone's music from the climax of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. That's one of my favorite pieces of movie music.

I thought I was going to gag and wretch in between laughs during the fart mask skit and the scene with the horse.

Johnny Knoxville must be certifiably insane to allow an anaconda to bite him not just once but multiple times.

There is one central reason why I enjoy watching Jackass and its spin-off shows. Those guys regularly make themselves the butt of their own jokes. They love dishing out mayhem on others, but know out of fairness they must receive it too.

Just about all of the audience sat through the credit run to see all kinds of outtakes and stunts not used in the movie.

My only complaint about the movie: what's up with the screwed up DTS logo on the very end of the credits? It looks like the bullshit fake version carried on the "brands of the world" website.

On the technical end of things, the image quality was not very good and not meant to be very good either. Much of it was shot on video. There was more in the way of surround effects this time than what was mixed in the first Jackass movie. But it's not something you'll use to demo the full capability of a sound system.

Overall: 3.3 stars out of 4.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: