Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Snakes on a (muthafuckin') Plane (2006) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Snakes on a (muthafuckin') Plane (2006)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-17-2006 01:19 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say. This movie is AWESOME!!! ...in a very stupid way. So long as you go in there expecting the most retarded shitty movie of the year, or possibly of all time, you won't be disappointed. It is so bad it is actually quite funny.

4 out of 5 stars

I can't wait for the sequel.

-

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2006 01:22 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Pretty entertaining. I've clocked in about 200 hours in playing both Metroids on the Gamecube...Do you think that would consitute me as being a bountyhunter if the chance arose?

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2006 03:13 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
So long as you go in there expecting the most retarded shitty movie of the year, or possibly of all time, you won't be disappointed. It is so bad it is actually quite funny.

Exactly the same thing is to be said about Anchorman and Ricky Bobby. Of course, since I was not allowed to screen it I will have to give my review when the DVD comes out.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2006 11:55 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Similar to what I had said about Alien vs Predator a while back, they made the best possible movie that they could have considering the subject matter. For the good stuff... You got to love the body count on this one as for the setting allows a good number of people in an enclosed area. Lots of gratuitous violence and gross out moments including certain male and female body parts being singled out (use your imagination).

For the bad stuff... Not enough one liners by Samuel L. Come on that is one of the things I was looking forward to the most. The groan inducing bad lines. The bad part of the setting is that you dont get the usual Bad Ass hero scene where he would go snake hunting with a shot gun (complete with background music and angry determined expression). Otherwise awsome flick. [fu] [fu] [fu] [fu] out of five [fu]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-17-2006 10:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaaaaaah, the sequels. [Razz]

-

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-18-2006 12:47 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Search bait: Snakes on a Plane

Kara J. McVay
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2006 10:29 AM      Profile for Kara J. McVay   Author's Homepage   Email Kara J. McVay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far a audience reactions goes, it was great fun. I don't usually watch this type of movie, but I did find myself enjoying this film. I agree, not enough one liners. This would be a fun one to turn into an audience participation movie like RHPS. Imagine the props and what would be tossed around the theatre [Eek!]

We held a screaming contest and SLJ impersonation contest before the show started on our stage and gave away all of our official "SOAP" stuff from NL. Had a great time.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2006 02:02 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's got snakes, it's got a plane and it's got Sam Jackson. And it is one good time movie.

It is stupid, the plot is weak and predictable and there are huge lapses in logic. IT DOESN'T MATTER! This is just a sit-back-and-enjoy feature.

Things to learn from this picture:

Sex in a plane restroom is a BAD idea.
Hurting a dog is a BAD idea.
Playing video games is a GOOD idea.

The crowd was sparse (not many at the early show at the AMC, but those who went enjoyed the $4 admission), but still cheered when Sam said "THE" line.

Should be fun with a big crowd.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2006 02:25 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typical B-grade action movie. It kept me entertained but was nothing great.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2006 03:21 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movies delivered on every expectation. It is the most fun I've had at the movies in an extremely long time. The crowd, well over 100 folks, was totally into it and we had a blast. This is one that demands being seen with a huge crowd. I didn't just like it, I loved it!

AJG

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2006 09:23 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Lensenmayer
Things to learn from this picture:

Sex in a plane restroom is a BAD idea.
Hurting a dog is a BAD idea.
Playing video games is a GOOD idea.

You forgot the most important one... Urinating on a snake VERY VERY BAD idea. [Eek!]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-18-2006 10:05 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today 8/18/2006, 4:50PM, Regal Cinema World 8 in Eugene, House #3. Attendance about a dozen. Print quality probably irrelevant. Nice presentation.

New Line scores a near-miss in terms of fully exploiting their opportunity to make a truly classically good/bad Grade-B action movie. I don't think they realized what they had until it was too late. No way they ever planned for "Snakes on a Plane" to be the release title. If they'd ratcheted up the toungue-in-cheek aspect just a notch and inserted a few really good one-liners from SLJ, they mighta had "Snakes on a Plane!" instead of just "Snakes on a Plane".

But in any case I give this 4 stars out of 5 because it's a lot of fun and manages to be pretty good for its genre. [thumbsup]

Play it LOUD. [beer]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-18-2006 11:44 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pointless theater review:
I just saw this movie with the Jen. She had free passes to AMC so that's what enabled us not to wait for the DVD like I usually like to do. We could only choose from AMC theaters, but I must say that this is definitely the best AMC presentation I have ever seen in my entire life and may be the best presentation in all of AMC history. The picture was only marginally out of focus, and only about a foot and a half too far to the right (shadow on the left, picture on the masking on the right) and I think I may have actually heard a bit of subwoofer! The movie only had a bit of dirt and no lab splices. Still no green bands on the trailers and the sound still came from the top of the screen. Overall pretty amazing for AMC. The auditorium had less than 40 people at the 8:00pm Friday show, so maybe people have learned from that theater's past mistakes.

Actual movie review:
This movie was incredibly stupid and that's what makes it enjoyable. I liked the bathroom scenes, I think that's where I first laughed. I would have been very angry had Samuel L. Jackson not said "muthafuckin'", and I was waiting for it. I think they made his line into some sort of rap at for the credits or something. There really isn't too much to talk about with this movie, but you should see it when you are in an extremely silly mood. Don't go in expecting Die Hard or anything. Too much character development... could have been less.
[SPOILER]
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really enjoyed it when the little rat dog got eaten. That was one of the best parts of the movie. I have no idea what the kickboxer had to do with the main villian, but who cares?
[/SPOILER]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-18-2006 11:48 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this with Joe... See above post. [sex]

Mr. Jackson was hot, nuff said and the other dude looked like Kurt Russell's son or something. Therefore I wanted him to die... I too indeed likes the restroom scene.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2006 12:28 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Damn...Snakes on Crack!"

3 out of 5 Cobras.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: