Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Descent (2006)

Author Topic: The Descent (2006)
Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 10:43 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw The Descent today and thought it was great. The special effects were really good. To me, the actresses & actors were really good. Plenty of gore in this movie, just the way I like it. So, what do y'all think of the movie? Personally, I think Lions Gate Films is really putting out a lot of great horror flicks lately.

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the ending was lame. Why couldn't they have left the original British ending in the movie? Give me a grim ending anyday!

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 11:40 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree that the ending was lame. Of course, I haven't seen the British version though. Is the British version pretty good?

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 11:43 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the British version is the same, except the ending. I read what happens in the UK version online, and (to quote a reviewer) lets just say that body count is different. I'm sure it will be on the DVD though.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2006 12:04 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. I'll have to check it out when it comes out on DVD. Thanks for the tip.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2006 10:47 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that there were 6 different endings shot and that all of them will probably end up on the DVD.

Kyle Anderson
Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2006 09:58 PM      Profile for Kyle Anderson   Email Kyle Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aye I watched the brit release; and yup body count ( or lack thereof after those guys are done with them haha) is different [Razz] <3 that ending

John Alan Petrey
Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2006 04:38 AM      Profile for John Alan Petrey   Email John Alan Petrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to youtube and check out the original ending (or at least one of them) now!

Jerry Axelsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2006 05:10 PM      Profile for Jerry Axelsson   Email Jerry Axelsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this one.
This was actually scary unlike most of the modern horror films.
3.5/5

We ran a sneak screening of this one last year in november on Fantastic Film Festival (FFF) in Lund / Sweden.

[ 10-17-2006, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Jerry Axelsson ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: