Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Clerks II

Author Topic: Clerks II
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2006 10:22 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent film, of course. If you already like Kevin Smith then you will love it. If you don't like Kevin Smith but you are a huge pervert, you will like it. If you are a stuck up prude you should probably avoid it.

BTW, be sure to look for my name in the end credits.

[ 07-20-2006, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hipp ]

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2006 12:47 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get in in time for the credits in the movie, but I'm going to be on the DVD

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2006 01:29 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easily one of the year's best movies. Very funny, but also very touching. Smith's perfect record of 4-star movies continues.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 star movies? Does that include Jersey Girl? Lol [Wink]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-23-2006 01:16 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Hipp
BTW, be sure to look for my name in the end credits.
In what role did you appear in the movie? "Third nerd from the right at comic book convention"?

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-23-2006 01:34 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smith lists all the Clerks 2 My Space buddies at the end of the credit scroll.

Jason Miller
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2006 02:34 AM      Profile for Jason Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone hear about Joel Siegal walking out of a screening and disrupting the audience by yelling how much he hated it?

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2006 11:27 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
4 star movies? Does that include Jersey Girl? Lol
It absolutely includes JERSEY GIRL. That's a damn funny movie.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2006 09:01 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mikey, There is a guy named Chris in the credits, no last name. I naturally assumed it was me.

[ 08-01-2006, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hipp ]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 07-25-2006 04:06 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jason Miller
Anyone hear about Joel Siegal walking out of a screening and disrupting the audience by yelling how much he hated it?
Yes, he did that but he left around 40 minutes into the film. The audience was only 39 other critics and it was only because he hated them describing what the donkey show is. He was seated in the front row of the room. I was running the show. [thumbsup]

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2006 11:20 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was entertaining, but I liked Clerks and Jay & Silent Bob better.

The jokes just didnt seem as sharp and the timing seemed off at times. I did like the nice shout out to Soul Asylum at the end as the first movie ended with a Soul Asylum song.

Christopher Crouch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2006 03:26 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch       Edit/Delete Post 
They shot the film down the street from one of my former employers (Krikorian Buena Park Metroplex 18) in a vacant Burger King. Hidden on a side street, behind Knott's Berry Farms' "Soak City", the Burger King always did pitiful business, but it's out of the way location obviously made for an ideal film location. I remember seeing the building fenced off, but I had assumed they were just tearing it down (I beieve it was torn down shortly after filming wrapped).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: