Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Click (2006)

Author Topic: Click (2006)
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2006 02:58 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!

That's what I said after this one. I'm assuming most know the basic storyline so I won't summarize here. This was a great film that actually has a moral to it. Family Comes First. There wasn't as many laughs as I thought, but I did chuckle most of the time.

Kate Beckinsale is so F#$%ing hot!!! (Get's Chills) Those little shorts she wore through 75% of the flick..WHEW!!

The daughter in her ADULT age was a hottie too.

This one actually had me considering to hang out with my Dad this weekend, a scary thought indeed. Basically, it taught to appreciate what you have in front of you, never to let it get away.

The damn dogs and that duck....oh man...that was some funny shit there.

Oh, and before I forget. Jennifer Coolidge is one of the most full ranged actresses I've seen in a long time. Very talented woman.

Movie: 5/5
Greco Factor: 5/5

I'm sure someone will come in here and say it sucked, but just like Cheaper By The Dozen, it's all good in the end.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-24-2006 12:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen this yet but I looked up the Roger Ebert review. It's amazing how opposite his view is:

The movie is being sold as a comedy, but you know what? This isn't funny.

It's not just sad, it's brutal. There's an undercurrent of cold, detached cruelty ...

I am not sure if this story device could possibly have been made funny.

Bottom line, I think you have to be a Sandler fan to like this movie.

Also surprisingly, Ebert never mentions the Greco factor. [Wink]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-24-2006 12:44 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The critics have always been very hard on Adam Sandler. They got much meaner after they trashed his BIG DADDY film and it opened with more than 40 million bucks, he personally paid for several billboards around the country to show how much he appreciates their critical review.

I have enjoyed many many films that critics have trashed. If I want to see it, I just might enjoy it. I try not to hate a film before I walk in. Most of these critics hated it before hand, and I wonder if they even saw it.

Ciao

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-24-2006 01:41 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it last night, liked it very much! It's true, not a typical Sandler comedy and it had a moral to it. Made my want to visit my daddy!

Anyway, I liked it. Not really a review, but it was good. [Smile]

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2006 01:44 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually saw it twice in a row. I missed the first reel of the first show and stayed to watch what I missed, but ended up getting caught in the storyline again.

Edit: Don Anderson, I'm calling you out on this one. You hated Cheaper By The Dozen, I wanna see what you think here about Click.

[ 06-24-2006, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Richard Greco ]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-25-2006 05:33 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I hated Cheaper by the Dozen also but really enjoyed Click, sooo... Yeah. Cheaper by the Dozen had to have been one of the worst comedies I have every seen. They are very different films.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2006 09:07 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't trying to compare the two, however they have similar storylines in the "family comes first" idea and Don didn't like the storyline in general...

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2006 01:02 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard. I haven't seen CLICK, and don't know when I would get around to watching it. This is a very busy time of the year, and if the movie isn't playing at the theatre that I work for, well, then I probably won't get around to seeing it until later this summer. No, we are not running CLICK, but rather a few others including CARS (which hasn't slowed down since opening). But, I am a big Sandler fan, and have loved almost all his films. [Razz]

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2006 01:49 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quit enjoyable , yes it was deeper than the average Adam sandler films, but it did push a powerfull point about where time is spent , it made me feel guilty about sending more time in this place than at home with the family.

quote Richard Greco
quote:
Kate Beckinsale is so F#$%ing hot!!! (Get's Chills) Those little shorts she wore through 75% of the flick..WHEW!!
I could not agree more !

3.5 out of 5 from me

Jason Winn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2006 02:09 AM      Profile for Jason Winn   Email Jason Winn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked this movie. It was a lot different than what I was expecting. I thought it would just be another typical Adam Sandler movie, but this one was completely different. This wasn't just a stupid pointless comedy like most of his movies. It had a lot more depth and it made you think. Plus, it had a really good message behind it. I really started to feel towards Sandler's character towards the end. Great movie. I would recommend it to anyone!

Oh, and what about that Kate Beckinsale? [sex] [sex] [sex]

Matt Kerekes
Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2006 11:46 AM      Profile for Matt Kerekes   Email Matt Kerekes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have liked every Adam Sandler movie except for Waterboy (which may be strange, most people like that one). My favorites have to be Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, 50 First Dates, and I'll add Click to the list. It was very different then his usual comedies, had a very sad side to it. Also, Kate Beckinsale is amazing!

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2006 12:53 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to copy Greco here and say "WOW!"

This movie was great and was the most surprised I've ever been at how good something was. My fiance and I just happened to be eating dinner in a shopping center with a little independent 4-screen. We decided to see if anything interesting happened to start right then, and low and behold, "Click" started in 5 minutes.

Neither of us are huge Adam Sandler fans (her less than me) but both of us thought this was great. It was fun, funny and moving and had a great message to it. Christopher Walken was great, and of course Kate was HOT!!!!!!!

Of the films I've seen so far this summer (X-3, Superman Returns, Lake House, and Cars) Click was by far the best and most entertaining. I highly recommend everybody go see this. It's not too often when a movie can be entertaining and put life in perspective at the same time.

4 1/2 out of 5

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: