Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Break-Up

Author Topic: The Break-Up
Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2006 12:00 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another piece of shit to add to the list. At least Vince Vaughn has his own money tied up on this bad piece of garbage. Maybe he should stick to acting, instead of writing! The trailer makes it look like a funny comedy, but in reality, it shouldn't be promoted as such. Its drab, boring, and shows how bad of an actor Vaughn can be. 20 minutes could have easily been trimmed off during editing. 1.5 stars out of 10! Oh yea, don't ya just love the online movie reviews (such as on Yahoo) that mention how great of a film it is..."I laughed until my stomach ached". I love how the studio pr guys/gals load up such positive comments on all online movie reviews. [thumbsdown]

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2006 01:58 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad I don't have to pay. It wasn't horriffic, but it was painful at times. I just didn't care about the characters. By the time the end came, I could care less what happened. Too bad, as Vaughn can be awesome, but here is just isn't. I'd usually say not his fault, but he helped write the thing!

AJG

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2006 11:32 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno.........call me sentimental, call me crazy, but I liked it. Yes, in some parts I did feel that the fighting went on way too long but for the most part I liked it. Of course maybe that is because my wife and I have been having the exact same fights for most of our relationship and when we were in college and still dating we even broke up but were still living together like in the film. After she moved out when the lease was up it finally hit me that is was over and made me realize what I had. I guess this film made me feel like I was living that whole period over again.

I felt like I could have stepped right in for Vince's character in some of those scenes and finished the fight for him. Why do women always think you can read their minds? I feel your pain Vince..........I feel your pain.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2006 04:27 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some funny parts, mostly boring.

Jen had a nice ass in some shots

Overall 2/5

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: