Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Mission Impossible 3 (2006) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Mission Impossible 3 (2006)
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 04:05 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definately a fast pace action flick with few pauses.

Good action sequences but the story very thin, and there was a lack of hot babes with guns , something the 007 people never miss out on.

My print was not the best ,focus was in and out through out the entire film.

2 out of 5

|  IP: Logged

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 11:32 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also thought the movie was pretty decent. At least it is not going to bomb anyway. Extra bonus points for having Shaun (Simon Pegg) in the cast [beer]

3 out of 5 for me.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 11:40 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To paraphrase Chris Rock, M:I-3 makes M:I-2 look like M:I-1. Easily the best movie so far this year. The Star Trek franchise is in good hands.

Adriaan Bijl
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 04:15 PM      Profile for Adriaan Bijl   Author's Homepage   Email Adriaan Bijl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overhere in Holland there are some complaints on the focus of the digital "prints". It is not as razorsharp as earlier digital presentations. Does that sound familiar to anybody in the US?

Adriaan

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 04:46 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've watched it on both film and DLP, and the focus issue is present on both. It looks like a stylistic choice to me. It's got that sort of anamorphic smearing going on. The only disadvantage that I saw to the DLP in comparison to the 35mm is that it lacked detail in the blacks.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-04-2006 05:55 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the credit block on the onesheet, the official title of this movie is "M:i:III." [Roll Eyes] I look forward to the day when all movies will be titled simply by abbreviations. (It'll be a nice nod to the abbreviated storylines in many films.)

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 07:11 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, I am going to have to go out and change my marquee again.

[Wink]

Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2006 05:06 PM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of action, less story. 2 out of 5 for me. Excellent print, no
problems at all with focus. Wasn´t really happy with the sound.
Generally good reviews here in Sweden.

Thomas

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 05-05-2006 10:02 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was a decent movie. Thank God John "slow motion" Woo didn't direct this one. The action scenes were fun to watch, and Capote makes a pretty good bad guy. I was a bit disappointed in the sound mix though. I thought it was kinda tame for a movie like this. We actually got a complaint from a customer who thought they were listening to analog sound. They weren't... they were listening to a DTS XD10.

Despite the bad sound mix, I still liked the movie.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 05-06-2006 03:05 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good drive-in attendance here... people seemed happy with the program. The local indoor houses looked a bit sparse, though for that matter, MI-3 pulled about 10 times better than the afternoon showings of Flight 93. No focus issues. ETS didn't include DTS disks, but we got that resolved this afternoon.

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 10:37 AM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Thursday night 10PM show at my local AMC in Harrisburg PA sold exactly 13 tickets.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 03:18 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
According to the credit block on the onesheet, the official title of this movie is "M:i:III."
the title on screen in the opening credits is:

Mission: Impossible III

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-06-2006 04:25 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That must be about the only place in the universe where that title appears.... it's "M:i:III" on virtually everything else.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-06-2006 06:06 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
M:i:III is hip and cool, designed for today's cool people who are cool. Mission: Impossible: III is much too long and is for old fogies and people who are not cool. M:i:II is rad and x-treem! This title alone makes me want to see it because it is for people who are cool and with it. Which studio made this movie? They are too cool for school.

Jason Winn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 08:15 PM      Profile for Jason Winn   Email Jason Winn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked this movie. I think it was the best one out of all three. It had a lot of action. Very exciting and fun movie. The only weakness was the story (or lack of). I'm not quite sure what it was about. All I know is that the guy from Capote wants a rabbit's foot. Okay. . . That makes sense. I guess. Oh well. What this movie lacked storywise, it made up for in action.

Something interesting I gotta mention. There was one trailer that played before MI:III that caught my attention. And that was. . . NACHO LIBRE!!!! Finally, they made a movie about my life! It should've been called "Nacho Libre: The True Story of Jason Winn." I can't wait to see that one. HaHa!

I saw MI:III at AMC Firewheel 18 in Garland, TX. (That was my first mistake. AMC sucks!) It's a pretty new theatre. I've never been there before. I wanted to check it out. Pretty nice theatre. The presentation was almost perfect. The movie itself was fine. But, there was a minor problem during the trailer pack. It just stopped playing for some reason. Not sure what happened. Probably a brain-wrap or something. It was off screen for about five minutes or so. A manager came in and informed us that they were having some "technical difficulties." It didn't surprise me one bit. Knowing who their booth manager is, I'm pretty sure "technical difficulties" are a common occurence at Firewheel.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: