Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Scary Movie 4

Author Topic: Scary Movie 4
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2006 02:54 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent movie. Not as funny as part three but still way better than the first two.

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2006 03:27 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I wouldn't call it excellent, I think it's the one I enjoyed the most of all four thus far. As opposed to Chris, I thought #3 was the worst of the lot.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2006 09:53 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the first 2, due to the R ratings, because of the more risque they could be. #3 was the worst of the bunch. This one totally redeemed itself...

Very funny and I love how they made fun of the Tom Cruise/Oprah scene.

3/5

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 04-22-2006 09:11 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've managed to catch five minutes here and five minutes there, and the last fifteen, or so.

I was too bored to even roll my eyes. It seemed very dull to me, and I don't think it was completely because I'd never seen ANY of the five or so films this was parodying.

I will admit, however, that I did smirk, suppressing a giggle, when Chris Elliot's village idiot said grace. I don't know why that was any more funny than the other low-brow crap they did, but it was my only reaction.

The rest of my review, if I cared to write extensively, would be totally dedicated to Anna Faris and how cute she is as a blonde. Instead, I will use the [sex] icon for the very first time in one of my posts.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-22-2006 09:18 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
While I liked all of the series I liked #2 the best. I thought #4 was great!

4 outta 5

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2006 09:22 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone use the Magic Condenser on Phil's review? It's too wordy. [Razz]

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2006 10:09 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sure...

2 [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
4 [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

1-4 [thumbsup]

[Wink]

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2006 10:36 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This must be a US thing. We moved it from 500 seater to 80 seater after the first week. Two out of five.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 05-16-2006 09:24 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Megaplex 20 at the District, South Jordan, UT
AUDITORIUM: 13
PRESENTATION: 35mm/Dolby Digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: They're still working the bugs out
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

For those who didn't read "M:I:3", this theatre officially has its grand opening Friday, but has soft-launched this week to work out bugs, hoping to keep the crowds small. Yet they printed showtimes in the paper today. Oh well.

Anyway, there's cleanup still going on everywhere. There are dozens of workers continuing detail work at the building entrance. There's nothing dangerous going on and all the safety stuff is there...it's just last-minute stuff, and there's lots of it.

13 is equipped with 35mm and DLP. The pre-show video ran from the NEC unit. The sound was switched to the 35mm, though, so all that was heard was hiss until the projectionist started threading. You could hear the print feed through.

Then the trailers started. For a short time, both the 35mm and the DLP pre-show were being projected on the screen at the same time. The 35mm trailers were cranked...SERIOUSLY LOUD volume for about thirty seconds...then the audio was switched to the pre-show commercial audio (which apparently runs continuously...must be one single feed for the whole building). I walked back to the ticket taker to advise. Sound was fixed and at normal volume just in time for the feature. But the house lights were still at intermission level. I didn't bother complaining because they didn't hurt the picture terribly.

I was the only attendee except for several random visitors from the still active construction crew and theatre employees. The first two surprised me. They were not quite visible in the entry and one of them busted out laughing at some joke in the film. I turned as they came into view. They looked at me. I kept staring. Then one of the guys gave me a geeky smile and waved.

While they were there, two workers with massive tool belts came clanging through and headed behind the screen.

Then two guys in managerish attire appeared and watched for awhile. One of them pointed at the ceiling, they took off, and suddenly the house lights dimmed. Smooth sailing from there.

All of which was almost as entertaining as the movie itself, which I laughed at a lot. Certainly not on par with "Airplane" or "Naked Gun", but better than expected.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: