Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Slither (2006)

Author Topic: Slither (2006)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 04-02-2006 05:40 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Cinemark Movies 12, Ames, IA
AUDITORIUM: 6
PRESENTATION: Mystery Meat Digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: One and one half stars (out of four)

WARNING: Swallowing slimey alien thingies can cause serious intestinal spoilers

An old dumbass can't get any from his young dumbass wife, so he goes to the karaoke bar where some dumbass is singing "The Crying Game" theme badly. Then a dumbass's sister hits on him, so they go into the woods so he can turn her down. Yes, really.

Then they spot this big yellow slug and poke it with a stick. The slug shoots him with a shaking sliver looking thing, which enters his body to feed and develop. Fun and mayhem can only ensue from here, right?

"Slither" is supposed to be a horror flick with a clever comedic side, sort of like "Shawn of the Dead". But it's not that clever. It's more like "Lake Placid". Actually, it's not that clever, either. "Eight Legged Freaks"? Nah.

It's just bad and full of dumbasses.

There's a scene after the credits that's not worth staying for.

|  IP: Logged

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2006 06:42 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Humor sucked for me too. What's more fun is sitting in the back and listening to the crowds laugh their asses off at the lame one-liners. Some rednecks actually started clapping in approval after several of the jokes.

I actually would have liked the movie if they didn't use a redneck setting and didn't use lame comedy to ruin it.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2006 08:51 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theatre: Pacific Theatres Grossmont Center Stadium 10
Auditorium: #8

I decided to see this movie after catching glimpses of the film while working the Projection Booth. I sort of liked it. I have to admit that it is not the best horror flick I ever saw, but, it was entertaining. The special effects were good though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: