Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Failure to Launch (2006)

Author Topic: Failure to Launch (2006)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-10-2006 07:42 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Failure to Launch failed to entertain. Had the movie been 2 hours of the parents trying different ways to drive their 35 year old kid out of the house, it could've been very funny. But no, instead they had to hire a girl to try and trick him out under the impression that they fell in love.

The movie falls flat on many scenes and some of the stuff was clearly designed to be howling comedy...but failed. The ending...heck the whole damn movie just stinks of a dozen Hollywood rewrites.

1.5 out of 5 stars if you happened to be in the bathroom while the naked Terry Bradshaw scene is on screen.

0 out of 5 stars if you see the scene where he not once, or twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES shows off his fat wrinkley bare ass!!! That scene's sheer horror was further magnified through surpressed nightmares regarding the naked Kathy Bates scene in About Schmidt. [Eek!] [puke]

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-10-2006 10:04 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much Brad for bringing up that deeply repressed memory of Kathy Bates in About Schmidt. That is by the way the only reason I cannot own that movie!

My wife begged me to go with her to this one. I pawned it off on her mother to do the duty, and they both loved it. They also both loved Miss Congeniality 2, Legally Blonde 2, and many other films of this nature with or without a 2 on it.

What is it with Matt McHonnahay, or however you spell his name. Has he actually been in anything good or have I just missed the boat on this guy?

Ciao

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-10-2006 10:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
He was in Contact. I guess he didn't think it would be that good when he signed up. [Razz]

Link for Dave

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-10-2006 11:00 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact wasn't good. It was her father. Her freakin' FATHER!

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2006 11:06 PM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn'tMat McCoonahehehe in Wag the Dog? That was a top movie.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-11-2006 12:55 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVERYONE knows that the best MM flick of all time is this classic ... [evil]

-Aaron

Paul Gordon
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2006 07:26 AM      Profile for Paul Gordon   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about "Reign of Fire" a true classic!!! [Smile]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 03-17-2006 01:40 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed.... very little from this movie besides Matthew. He is one sexy man.

Alrighty, I'll try to review this movie... ummm....ummm.... I saw it today and I already forgot the story... I just noticed that Kathy Bates barely had any lines and that was a major disappointment. Terry wasn't too bad in it, he was actually humorous in some scenes.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: