Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Mrs. Henderson Presents

Author Topic: Mrs. Henderson Presents
Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2006 12:37 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent flick! [Smile]

Grade: A

Greco Factor: off the charts!!! [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-12-2006 11:39 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got it for the fourth time this week; we've been running it on and off since before Christmas. I think it's quite good, but I don't think that most of the staff agree with me.

It's been doing very well, close to selling out most shows. Judi Dench is very popular with the older residents of Croydon. Last year we kept bring back 'Ladies in Laverder' this year it's similar with Mrs. Henderson. It's rated 12a, but we don't get many young people coming to see it.

There's something which puzzles me somewhat. It the shot of Mrs. Henderson after she sees Mr. Van Damme naked, where she is holding the dog, she says: 'Why, Mr. Van Damme, you are', I have difficulty hearing the next word over the projector noise, and I keep forgetting to turn the monitor volume up, but I think it is 'Jewish'. If so, the meaning would be obvious, but in the trailer it is different. The nude shot is not shown, and Mrs. Henderson says: 'Why, Mr. Van Damme, now you're getting the hang of it', words which were taken from a different scene a few minutes earlier in the film. Given that both the film and the trailer are rated 12a, it's difficult to see why the change was made. It's also difficult to understand why the trailer is rated 12a, and not PG; but then I always did find some BBFC ratings difficult to understand.

We finish with the film on Thursday, and I won't have time to see it before then, but the Ashcroft Theatre, just a few minutes walk away, and also run by the Council, which seldom runs film since the local multiplex opened, also has it later in the month, so I may go to see it there. How many of their almost 1000 seats they will sell after it has been on release for so long, I don't know.

How well is it doing over there? It's a very British film, and I'm not sure how well it would fransfer to that side of the water.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-12-2006 02:30 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say my mother is a different Miss Henderson.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: