Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Final Destination III (2006)

Author Topic: Final Destination III (2006)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2006 06:39 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Who would've thought that the most predictable movie script of all time could be entertaining? (Once you know the basic concept behind the story, you know who has to die next.)

So anyway it's more of the same here. If you liked the first two, you will like this one. It's good stupid deadly fun.

3.5 out of 5

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2006 09:04 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I loved the first two and this one didn't disappoint! Graphic gore and boobies made it even better!!! [thumbsup]

Just a great blood and gore and boob flick...

Greco factor is only a 5 because the girls weren't THAT good looking.

4/5

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2006 09:54 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blasphemy I say...Greco not find a woman hot saying shes only a "little hot" [thumbsup]

Jason Winn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2006 10:21 AM      Profile for Jason Winn   Email Jason Winn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this movie. At first, I didn't really wanna see it, because I haven't seen the first two. One of my buddies talked me into watching it. I can't compare it to the first two, but I still liked it.

Blood and violence [thumbsup]

Nudity [thumbsup]

What more could you ask for? [beer]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-28-2006 01:05 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the first two in a theatre and when they were both offered together as a dual pack on DVD, with movie cash to see the 3rd one for free for $12.95 at Circuit City, It was hard to resist. The set also came with a 3rd disc featuring how the current film was made along with cast interviews and the theatrical trailer.

I saw FINAL DESTINATION 3 on Sunday using the movie cash and felt it was the best of the three. Yes, I agree with Richard about the two girls showing their boobs as not being attractive but I still enjoyed their scenes [Smile]

The presentation in scope and DTS was flawless at the Kapolei 16 in a two hundred seat house with a approximate audience count of about twenty people including myself during the first show.

-Claude

3 out of 4 stars

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2006 06:56 AM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this film while I was on the road and bored. So it was like Brad said, the third is just like the first two. That being said, I enjoyed it and some of the ways they died were pretty creative.

So as I was walking to my car, tornado sirens started going off all over town. Immediatley I'm thinking, great now it's my turn to die some horrible death. I didn't waste any time getting back to my hotel. [Big Grin]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 03-12-2006 02:23 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMERICAN DREAMZ - I am always embarrassed when a studio wants to use our theatre for a sneak preview and the title doesn;t even draw enough of a crowd to warrant opening the concessions. 250 people might be a full house in the local multiplexes but in a 2450 seat theatre, it looks pawltry. But then again, so was the film. As one of my coworkers put it, "Gee Frankie, what's that noise in the theatre? It sounds like barking. Oh, yah...it't the film. It's a DOG."

Actually it has some funny moments as a spoof on American Idol, but it was all so predictable. It is replete with shallow contestants and even more shallow producers and a half-witt President (Dennis Quaid) being coached by a Carl Rove-like character (Willem Defoe) who feeds him lines during his speeches through a receiver in the ear. Then of course it malfuctions with feedback....who would have seen THAT coming?!

The cast does turn out decent performances as well as could be expected with such silly situations and worse dialogue. There are some mild laughs, but it's not much more than a made-for-tv movie. Another AMERICAN PIE is sure isn't. I predict it will come and go before Ryan Secrest can say, "And now our next contestant." Legs it won't have.

2 barks out of 5.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-12-2006 03:06 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmmmmm what's that have to do with Final Destination 3 [Smile]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 03-12-2006 07:20 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing. Sorry...hit the wrong button; should have been a New Post.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 02-17-2008 02:05 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 706 days since the last post.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-17-2008 02:05 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW, I saw this on cable tonight. Didn't set out to watch it, it was just there.

For the longest time, I kept wondering if it was a comedy. I laughed out loud at most of the Rube Goldberg-style death sequences. There were just too many chain reactions for it to retain any sense of credibility - even within its universe - which made it impossible for me to suspend my disbelief.

This movie was missing that element.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 02-17-2008 11:23 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean, what's this FINAL DESTINATION three stuff. If the first film was called FINAL DESTINATION, why make more that were titled the same with a number after it? Wasn't the first FINAL DESTINATION final? If it wasn't why was it called FINAL DESTINATION rather than something like ON THE WAY TO THE FINAL DESTINATION or NOT THE FINAL DESTINATION YET or BEFORE THE FINAL DESTINATION? Some movies shouldn't be made at all. (Doesn't this sound like something Joe would write?)

It's all so confusing..........

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2008 11:30 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It actually kind of makes sense for all three movies to be called "Final Destination," because they each feature different characters' final destinations.

That being said, the filmmakers wanted to call the first one FLIGHT 180, and I agree that some movies, including FD 3, should not be made at all. [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: