Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Glory Road (2006)

Author Topic: Glory Road (2006)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 01-14-2006 05:35 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Cinemark Movies 12, Ames, IA
AUDITORIUM: 7
PRESENTATION: Analog
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Flat sound mostly originating from center channel (save for some music and echos) with NO bottom end whatsoever
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

Ticket Seller stares at me while I try to remember the name of the movie. I'm looking at the showtimes board and can't even find it. Deer in headlights. Finally Wife #1 says "Glory Road at 12:20." Ticket seller looks at both of us and asks "One?"

One of the trailers was for "Mission: Impossible III" (the sequel to the dreadful action chick flick "Mission: Impossible II", in case you spent money on therapy forgetting about it) and it's sad for three reasons. First, that they bothered to make it at all. Second, Philip Seymour Hoffman is apparently wasting talent in it. Third, the trailer print had so much dirt on it that the audio popped like somebody had lit off a brick of firecrackers. SERIOUSLY shoddy presentation here today. And this is their best room, usually.

Here's a pretty formula "based on a true story" sports movie that goes through the motions as if they bought the script off the rack at "Movies R Us". It's nowhere near the league of "Miracle", let alone even remotely close to "Friday Night Lights". But it's a decent little feel-good effort. The movie makes or breaks solely on the performance of Josh Lucas, and Lucas does well.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: