Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Peter Jackson's King Kong (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Peter Jackson's King Kong
James Nash
Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2005 11:23 PM      Profile for James Nash   Author's Homepage   Email James Nash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was phenomonal.

Peter Jackson did a perfect job with this film. All of the digital effects were suburb, and the animation of Kong was just beyond belief.

Suprisingly, there was only dialog in about 1/2 the movie. He did the non dialog scenes excently.

It met and exceded all of my expectations!

[ 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Joe Redifer ]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-13-2005 11:29 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit the title of this thread to the movie's proper name, please. I think it is called "King Kong starring Peter Jackson" or something mega-retarded like that, but it should be in the thread title nonetheless. I don't want to have to do it for you. Do it or you will be BANNED.

They really should have given the Jack Black role to Will Ferrell or Gilbert Gotfried, though. Everyone hates Jack Black!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-13-2005 11:35 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I LUV Jack Black only 2nd to YOU!

OBTW: The movie was stupit, corny, and sucked big time!

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2005 02:10 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good, but WAY WWWAAAYYYYY too long. Could have easliy been a 2hr 20min. movie. Loved the fight between Kong and the dino's. I did think some of the jungle scenes looked really bad (CGI wise). Cried like a baby at the end. Just like I did when I saw the orginial when I was a kid [Smile] I'm a girl, I can't help it.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2005 02:44 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again....way too long. Jackson could have trimmed 30-45 minutes off the SKULL ISLAND footage, and still had an enjoyable film. CGI of Kong was awesome, but I can't say the same form the other litle critters! And if it moved fast on the screen, the CGI looked cheesy. Audio mix was impressive. I think that Jack Black did a great job, and I'm not a big fan of his. I don't see this film as a family feature. No darn kids are going to sit still for 3 hours and 7 minutes. The CGI footage of NY was really kewl! What about that movie palace....another kewlness. Uhmmmm, if Kong falls to his death from the Empire State building, then why didn't he end up below the street pavement?? If ya drop anything from the top of the building, it would cause massive damage. I loved the art deco look as the credits rolled, and the choice of background colors. I didn't think that I could actually sit through that lengthy of a picture, but I did. Therefore, I'll give it 3 out of 4 stars. Its an impressive remake, but thats about it. How many times can you tell the story of beauty and the beast???

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-14-2005 04:05 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Don Anderson
If ya drop anything from the top of the building, it would cause massive damage
Probably did, but as you noticed all the closeup scenes was done where the ground wasn't shown.

Jack Black was perfect for his role as a struggling moviemaker who wants to be with the big boys - showing some "greed and evil" to his normal crazy,insane side.

What a love story! It might give chase to "Titanic", but I think that 1997 classic love story will never be overtaken.
What about that movie palace....another kewlness.
I do believe that movie palace is located in either New Zealand or in Australia - a landmark theatre for one of those two countries. (someone can help me here on that one..)

(yes, enter the full name in your re-edited topic header - have to be more precise in topic headers descriptions in these forums..)

-Monte

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 12-14-2005 05:50 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was absolutely blown away. I'd be hard pressed to find any major flaws in this film. Sure its long, but it kept me fully entertained every second.

If ya drop anything from the top of the building, it would cause massive damage.
FALSE. Little thing called "Terminal Velocity". Kong, of course, would have left damage. But something like a penny would meerly discomfort someone standing bellow. It wouldn't kill them or go down six feet in cement as some believe.

Warren Smyth
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2005 06:58 AM      Profile for Warren Smyth   Email Warren Smyth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I do believe that movie palace is located in Australia or in New Zealand
King Kong was made entirely in New Zealand.

Peter Jackson showed today at a press conference in Wellington, the model King Kong he made at nine years of age. It is about nine inches high and was made from his mother's fur stole that he decided she no longer required. It is really a very good effort from a nine year old and it was a very touching moment for those assembled, when the model was revealed for the first time. Peter Jackson has had a long time ambition to remake King Kong from when he first saw the 1933 original on TV as a boy.

Naome Watts remarked, as she held the model in her hand, that she was able to hold King Kong rather than the other way round.

Peter emphasised that making films is not a dictatorship but that it is the combined efforts of many creative people working as a family that produces the final result.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-14-2005 12:55 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Nash, you suck at the internet.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2005 01:12 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you bother to post a new topic then you should bother to read it at least a few times after you post it.

EDIT: I noticed that there is no option to rename the title. Or am I just blind?

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I'm just dumb.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 12-14-2005 01:33 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So noted.

Is anyone else so sick of the trillion dollar advertising campaign that they have no interest in seeing the film?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-14-2005 04:13 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally have no interest seeing the movie. The theater experience isn't very good anymore 'round these parts... especially for a 3 and a half hour version of a movie I've already seen!

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2005 06:35 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Is anyone else so sick of the trillion dollar advertising campaign that they have no interest in seeing the film?
Our home office made us do a lobby display for it. THEN a week after I busted my butt, we recieved two standees, one bus shelter, 30 1-sheets and t-shirts! My theater is a 10 plex that is in a somewhat small town. We seriously do not need 30 1-sheets, let alone the rest of what they sent us.

I was SO sick of seeing the trailer that I almost didn't see it. And I'm proud to report I've never seen Titanic [Smile]

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2005 06:38 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw who was playing the male leads, all I could think of was "School of Rock"

What were they thinking?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-14-2005 11:31 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Allison Parsons
And I'm proud to report I've never seen Titanic

Well you should see it. It is one of the greatest moments in movie history when Leonardo Dicaprio FRIGGIN DIES!!! YEAH [evil]

Ciao

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: