Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Legend of Zorro

Author Topic: The Legend of Zorro
Olivia Coleman
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2005 04:58 PM      Profile for Olivia Coleman   Author's Homepage   Email Olivia Coleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well since it was 3:30am and I was looking at watching a 7 reel movie, I wasn't sure if I was going to be awake enough. It kept me awake and didn't really feel the length was bad. It has all the good 'family' movie elements and good action. There is a small twist, persay, in the first 1/2 hour that is not shown in the trailer that kept me interested thoughout the entire movie.

Decent amount of laughs and good eye candy. I have to commend Antonio on his drunk scene, it is rather entertaining. [Smile] All in all I'd give this *** 1/2 out of *****. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2005 02:52 PM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite an enjoyable movie. The scene with a drunk Banderas
sitting on a horse, both leaning on a wall, was shamelessly
stolen from Cat Ballou (1965). Lee Marvin looked a lot better
on the horse.

Thomas

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2005 03:48 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole film has a dark candle-lit look to it. Nice.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 11-02-2005 01:20 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely walk out of a movie, but I did flee this one. Silly, shallow, gags that are so old they smell, a complete waste of time.
Zorro and his wife get the seven year itch, so they get divorced. Oh shit! Who writes crap like that, and who decides to make a movie from the script? I don't get it. I can't write a real movie script myself, but I could have written that within half an hour. But I would have looked at it and thought "nah, that is simply too bad to show it to anyone"...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: